Alright Microsoft, were the **** are my games?

UKCracker

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Basically, cut a long story short, I've got a replacement Nokia Lumia 800 due to an accident I had recently where I broke my elbow, but no matter.

To cut it even shorter, due to the utter incompetence of O2 UK, it's not currently connected to my old phone number (although it does have the wrong sim card in it), but anyway....

I've succesfully connected it to my home wifi and my Xbox Live account. I can even see acheivements I've earned in a game I bought between phones (Dead Island, in case you're interested - very good) However, so far there's no sign of the games I bought and paid for when I had the previous phone.

I know I only payed ?3.99 for Sonic The Hedgehog 4 part 1 but surely I'm still entitled to have it on my new phone?

And what about my apps while I'm at it?

I really really love this phone and have been singing Microsoft's praises ever since I first got one, but since watching the mess that is Windows 8 and now this, I'm feeling really dissatisfied with them. Grrr.

Please someone help!!!

Iumia

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried re-downloading the games yet?

I'm not sure it it's the same for WP7 but on WP8, if you have already purchased a game, clicking to "buy" the game from the store on your phone prompts the server you have already purchased the game and thus you can download it again for free.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
You can redownload the apps. In the marketplace if you buy the apps and have the same live account associated with it. Click buy and you should get a message saying you already bought the app.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

UKCracker

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Oh ok thanks. I didn't realise that. I didn't want to click 'buy' in case it charged me for them again....now I just need to remember all the games and apps I've purchased. Is it really too much to ask Microsoft to keep a list? I do have an Xbox Gold account, so they have had lots of money off me :)

zombiegrrl86

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Oh ok thanks. I didn't realise that. I didn't want to click 'buy' in case it charged me for them again....now I just need to remember all the games and apps I've purchased. Is it really too much to ask Microsoft to keep a list? I do have an Xbox Gold account, so they have had lots of money off me :)

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store go there, log in with your live account, go to purchase history, and bam, a list of apps that you've installed/purchased.

zombiegrrl86

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
You are a star. Thank you xx Merry Xmas (if that's your thing - you never can tell these days!)
you're welcome :) that site is quite handy, as I'm not getting app updates pushed to my phone, so I just log on, and go through the list to see if I'm missing anything. (and I'm pagan, so I celebrate yule, but thank you, merry Christmas and blessed yule!)

UKCracker

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Yes I love my music too, and I can definitely say I regret getting this phone over a Sony, because, well duh?? Don't they make the best quality music systems? (well, until Bang & Oluffsen get into making phones, anyway :))

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire