SNES8x is available!

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Besides what is the point in locking the thread. Wpcentral not only did a review on the app but I believe i saw mention of cool roms there. Although I did also see them say you had to own the game as well.

BHFH

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Besides what is the point in locking the thread. Wpcentral not only did a review on the app but I believe i saw mention of cool roms there. Although I did also see them say you had to own the game as well.

Agree. If Nintendo was smart, they would throw a few bucks to the developer, and publish the roms to the appstore. A win for Microsoft, win for Nintendo, win for the developer instead of wasting money on lawyers.

JimiDiGriz

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Excellent update today! Improved control, portrait mode and live tiles. Portrait mode is really good, you actually don't lose all that much screen space compared to landscape and hamper gameplay with controls in the screen which was a frustration.

DAIMONDY

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Love the new update, much better now that portrait has been added. Only thing missing for me is a analog style control.

Otherwise perfect :)

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine always lets me know about updates for SNES8x but for some reason it misses other apps. Luckily WPCentral helps keep my apps up to date :)

I love SNES8x, it's great. I would pay for it! I want to contact the dev and see if he/she has any plans to develope a GBA emulator, that would be awesome. Purple Cherry seems nice but it's only GBC and it has problems with sound.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'd love to get a GBA emulator to play Fire Emblem on my phone. Maybe I'll check out the GBC emulator at some point. I installed this one, but not really a big SNES person anymore.

ChazTyldsley

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I'd love to get a GBA emulator to play Fire Emblem on my phone. Maybe I'll check out the GBC emulator at some point. I installed this one, but not really a big SNES person anymore.

I'm exactly the same. Snes8x is fantastic at what it does, can't give enough praise to the developer. But I can't express how much I'd love a GBA emulator. Does anyone know of one being worked on? With a GBA and Sega Mega Drive (Genesis) emulator I would be an incredibly happy man.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Got another small update for SNES8x! Fixes a small bug and let's you get ROMs from your email (or something like that).

Andrew Milne

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm exactly the same. Snes8x is fantastic at what it does, can't give enough praise to the developer. But I can't express how much I'd love a GBA emulator. Does anyone know of one being worked on? With a GBA and Sega Mega Drive (Genesis) emulator I would be an incredibly happy man.

I get the feeling the GBC emulator purple cherry is working on adding GBA emulation functionality to its app. The app used to be called Wario's Jewels and you can see their facebook page here http://www.facebook.com/WarioJewels7.

Looks like they have been doing some testing with GBA games on there.

DAIMONDY

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Another update for snes8x. Fixes the odd music skipping in games like donkey kong. Sounds great now.

Best app on wp with all the updates we get, its great.

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Now if we could get an Xbox or PlayStation 1 or 2 emulator. Mmmm that would be super lihdzvoihbdafvohhbadfovbdaflvbhlkfdvjlinsrtuliutdntklmmvn lol. For surface Rt for those though.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Not happening, I'd bet. Those are a whole different monster. I TRIED getting a PS2 emulator for Kingdom Hearts once, and I had troubles both finding decent ROMs and getting the thing to work. It requires mounting and such that I'm sure no one wants to put up with when you're talking about a commonplace consumer base here. I could have probably learned it, but since finding a well-rated ROM was nigh-impossible anyway, I just gave up.

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have an emulator on my desktop that runs really well. I don't see why they can't make one for arm win Rt. My desktop isn't even that advanced, I mean it runs a triple core with 4gb ram. Everything I wanted to do on it I've been able to. Only thing I've tried to on it that has been super slow is Sony vegas. But I'm assuming that's cause the amount of ram I have. So knowing that I know this has 2gb ram but I still think its possible for other emulators and I've no problem so far on my roms.

Moolelo

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know if the developer, Mk, has a website or contact? Be nice to know if there is a plan to port VBA8 to Windows phone 8.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa