Today's Best Application

ImAdrian23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Everyday I will post my favorite game/application. I'll post a couple of pictures and little description. Why am I making this? Because today I realised we've got all the apps we ever needed (even more) and I want to share with you my collection. If you want to join me, please post below. One game/day/user ONLY.

1/28 Galaxy Rush - Download
Galaxy Rush is an endless game that is insanely challenging. With your finger you control a space ship. Its goal is to travel as further as possible. Going through the yellow rings advances you & the green ones boosts up your speed while the red ones slow you down. Avoid the meteorits, otherwise they'd put a stop to your game.
  • Price: Free;
  • Exclusivity: No.

Last edited:

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I will join you in this noble crusade to share interesting games with people.

1/29: Sumuray--DOWNLOAD
Sumuray plays in a manner somewhat similar to Wordament. However, rather than being a letter-based puzzle game, it is number-based. You are given a target number, and you select a collection of tiles whose sum is equal to that target number. The game has online play and achievements, plus lifetime scoring stats. There is a thread from the creator already, but as I mentioned in that thread, we need many more players so there is a bigger challenge for me!

• Price: Free
  • Exclusivity: No

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Ragdoll Run - DOWNLOAD
Summary: You are a doll that runs endlessly. Avoid obstables by jumping and turning the cubes. Collect coins and diamonds. very similar to temple run​
  • Price: $0.99

ImAdrian23

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
1.29 Connection Tiles - Download
Connection Tiles is an awesome app that creates shortcuts to your most used Settings. What makes it better than the others is that you can change the tile color/model/art/name. The shortcuts will blend with your homescreen even if you run WP8, as the graphics been updated.
  • Price: Free;
  • Exclusivity: No.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
So something went awry yesterday, to where I could not get into the Apps or Games forums, meaning I could not make a post. I am going to do the makeup post for that, then a second one for today.

1/30: Bike Mania Free--DOWNLOAD
Bike Mania Free has a paid version ($.99; HERE), and it is a little like the popular title Trials (which I have never played) on XBLA. You have a gas and a brake, along with a stick to lean forward and back. You go through obstacles courses, and try to finish each course in a certain tile. It is only 2-D, not 3-D like Trials, but it is a solid game. I have it a 3/5, as I think it would be a 4/5 title with tilt controls, and I am rather tough on game ratings.​

• Price: Free

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
1/31: App Highlights--DOWNLOAD
App Highlights does what you would expect--it highlights apps. It works similarly to the Collections on the Microsoft Store, but there seem to be MANY more categories, and it seems to highlight lesser-known developers a bit better. This one is a Nokia-made offering, so you will have to have a Nokia-made device to use it. It has to be downloaded on your phone as well.

• [*=1]Price: Free
    [*=1]Exclusivity: Nokia exclusive; Must be downloaded via phone.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm a little late on this one, got sidetracked today.

2/1: Rainbow Rapture Free--DOWNLOAD
Rainbow Rapture Free, like Bike Mania Free, does have a paid version ($1.49; HERE). It plays similarly to the game Penguin, where you slide up and down hills. However, instead of being a penguin and trying to finish a course in so many seconds, you are a rainbow, and you are trying to survive for as long as you can. You have an energy bar that is refilled by flying high, and you suck up people as you go. It can be a little bit of a funny timewaster, that's for sure.​

[*=1]Exclusivity: No

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
2/2: ScrobbleMe--DOWNLOAD
ScrobbleMe is meant to make use of Last.FM's scrobbling feature--it keeps track of the songs you play. Instead of real-time scrobbling, it uses your cache of recently-played tracks, then sends them to your Last.FM account. Use is simple--enter your Last.FM info, then get started. The app will show your number of tracks on the device, along with a "Scrobble songs" button and a "Refresh songs" button. The first does what it says--sends the scrobbles to your Last.FM account. The second refreshes the scrobble queue, so after you scrobble, hit that button to bring up songs played since your last scrobble. The app says it ONLY does local plays, so songs you stream will not work with this app. Still, if you are like me and have 1,972 songs on your Lumia 920 and listen to music on it frequently, this is a great way to keep your Last.FM profile updated.​

[*=1]Exclusivity: No

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss