Store says I no longer own Sonic CD?

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I recently moved from a Lumia 710 to a Lumia 620. On my Lumia 710 a while back I took advantage of the freebie Sonic CD offered by Nokia Apps. Great fun! When I come to installing it on my Lumia 620, the Store says I do not own it and it wants me to pay again. What the heck? Just for kicks I got on my Lumia 710 and went to the Store to pull up Sonic CD and it too says I do not own it and must purchase again. Though, Sonic CD is installed and playable on my Lumia 710.

What happened? Is there a way to get the store to recognize I got this game through the Store previously? I sure would like to get this on my Lumia 620.

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Switch region to China in phone Settings->Language+Region, reboot phone and download it in Nokia Collection. Hopefully the Chinese store still have it for free.

TooMuchPower

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Switch region to China in phone Settings->Language+Region, reboot phone and download it in Nokia Collection. Hopefully the Chinese store still have it for free.

I just tried doing that, however it doesn't work =( ... I too also downloaded Sonic CD for free when they had it last month and now I can't get it back.

Erickson187

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I was able to reach out to the windows phone support and they were able to have me buy the games and then refund me the money, so I was able to get the ones with achievements for free

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I was able to reach out to the windows phone support and they were able to have me buy the games and then refund me the money, so I was able to get the ones with achievements for free

I also tried the Chinese settings with no luck. I'll go the route of Windows Phone Support. Did you call them, email them, tweet them? How did you get in touch?

Mark Everingham

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
The buy button doesn't necessarily mean repay for it, I had the same problem moving to my new phone, all my paid apps said "buy" but it didn't charge again. if it is the identical app you will not be charged twice for it, if it is a different version of the same app, ie a nokia released one compared to a sega one then you will be charged again. also try logging into your account on a computer and your account history should show the game and you may be able to reinstall the game magically from there.

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I also tried the Chinese settings with no luck. I'll go the route of Windows Phone Support. Did you call them, email them, tweet them? How did you get in touch?

lol guys. I just checked and Sonic CD and SMB2-SE are still there in the Chinese marketplace for Free. Switch to China Region in Settings and reboot your phone (reboot is a must after changing country to China). After it booted back to homescreen, go to marketplace search for Sonic CD or SMB2-SE for super monkey ball 2. Another way is find any nokia app and click on "More from Nokia Corporation", then you should see the rest of the Nokia apps.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20130320_0001.png
    wp_ss_20130320_0001.png
    422 KB · Views: 1

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
lol guys. I just checked and Sonic CD and SMB2-SE are still there in the Chinese marketplace for Free. Switch to China Region in Settings and reboot your phone (reboot is a must after changing country to China). After it booted back to homescreen, go to marketplace search for Sonic CD or SMB2-SE for super monkey ball 2. Another way is find any nokia app and click on "More from Nokia Corporation", then you should see the rest of the Nokia apps.

That's the trick! I did that just now and downloaded Sonic CD. I could not find it in the Nokia Collection, but once I searched for it I was able to find it and install. Last time I did not reboot. Thanks a lot! Last time I did not reboot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro