Most played game on WP8

NickG92

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey there!

Im looking for a nice game that not drains battery and can be played for a long time, what the game is about dosent really matter.

So what is your most played games on WP8?

GeoDefense is the game i play the most right now.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey there!

Im looking for a nice game that not drains battery and can be played for a long time, what the game is about dosent really matter.

So what is your most played games on WP8?

GeoDefense is the game i play the most right now.

Minesweeper and Sudoku are not very battery-intensive. MonsterUp Adventure is cute and kind of fun (like Doodlejump). Robotek and Contre Jour are good too, but probably take a bit more of a toll on the battery.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

How DARE you link the non-WPCentral article here, you blasphemer!

Tough to know off-hand which games I play that don't kill battery life. They all do it to an extent, and I don't really check to see which do the most damage at a given time. However, here are just a few that I don't think are too bad on the battery:

--Wordemic (WPCentral Review; Store Link)--You sort of play a solo Scrabble game for (I think) 2 minutes, then your score is compared online. I'm a big fan of it. It does require an Internet connection though, so if you can't shut off HSPA+/LTE (which drains the battery BADLY) and aren't on WiFi, the battery drain might be severe.
--Asteroid Field (Store Link)--You basically fly around and collect floating astronauts and avoid asteroids. Pretty fun and basic game, so shouldn't be a lot of battery drain.
--Farkle Dice (Store Link)--Little tough to explain the game if you don't know it already. Basically, you roll dice and score points. First to 10,000 points wins. Very light game, should have minimal impact on the battery.
--Tile Path (Free Store Link; Paid Store Link)--This one is a bit like a combination of a maze and Tetris. You have 4 colors of blocks and have to make a path of blocks from one of the colored ends to the other. Once you do, the path disappears and the colored ends move. If you run out of move, you lose. I'm a big fan of the game myself. It's $2, but has gone temporarily free once or twice, plus there is a free version to play, I assume with ads.
--Doors (Store Link)--You have probably seen the thread for the game, and maybe tried it. Your goal is to solve puzzles to open doors and get to the next level. It's fairly new, so there are only 30 levels (meaning you could finish it in a day or two easily), but it is a very low-power game with fun puzzles to try to solve.

There are a few suggestions that should have minimal battery drain, hope you find some you like.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
How DARE you link the non-WPCentral article here, you blasphemer!

Can't we all just get along? :love:

--Tile Path (Free Store Link; Paid Store Link)--This one is a bit like a combination of a maze and Tetris. You have 4 colors of blocks and have to make a path of blocks from one of the colored ends to the other. Once you do, the path disappears and the colored ends move. If you run out of move, you lose. I'm a big fan of the game myself. It's $2, but has gone temporarily free once or twice, plus there is a free version to play, I assume with ads.

This one is really good, and probably not taxing on the hardware.

NickG92

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the tips, Really liked Dream Track!

With games that drains battery i mean games like the new Batman game and such, Contre Jour and games like that dosent effect the battery to much...

AskaLangly

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Why have I been playing Bullet Asylum lately? Because Imphenzia. Just like how I want Giana Sisters on WP: for the love of Chris Huelsbeck. Usually, I'd only buy a game for its soundtrack, either by the genr? or musician.

anon(5370748)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Why have I been playing Bullet Asylum lately? Because Imphenzia. Just like how I want Giana Sisters on WP: for the love of Chris Huelsbeck. Usually, I'd only buy a game for its soundtrack, either by the genr? or musician.

Giana Sisters had killer music! I agree - music makes a huge difference in games... it's part of what kept me going in Katamari Damacy and Wipeout 2047 for so long. I have the soundtracks to Nanosweep / Nanosweep2 and haven't actually played either game ;) Cuts both ways, though - I want the person that picked the music for Etrian Odyssey IV blacklisted from the industry.

Downloading the trial for Bullet Asylum now.

Imphenzia

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site

Thanks, I'm glad you like the music and it means a lot to me =)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon