Is Halo Spartan Good ?

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I want to know if its worth the price.

I couldn't find any gameplay videos except E3 or WPC one on youtube.

What are your thoughts ?

Any crashes/bugs to wait for an update ? or good enough to buy it for full price ?

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I have it on my Surface Pro and Lumia 920.

Surface Pro: Amazing, 9.5/10.

Lumia 920: Good, 7.5/10 ... Still can't go wrong with it though, it's a fun casual game for phones.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
I'd honestly say it's a tiny bit overrated. It's enjoyable, but it's not amazing or anything. I don't really personally think it's a system seller like the console versions of Halo are, but the last one I've played is Halo 2 so I might be a poor judge of that.

Either way, it's better on the tablet than it is on the phone. Ignoring the fact that for me it does crash often on my phone, the assets are low resolution and blurry. The WinRT version is much better looking. Also, the controls work better on the tablet, where things can be spread out so you can use more buttons, as opposed to "double tap the screen to throw a grenade."

seritonin

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Is it as good as the console games? No. Not by a stretch. BUT, I will say it's one of the best mobile games on the market for any phone. The game does have console quality gameplay. I have a 928, I've been enjoying it. So many generic phone games, this is a big step in the right direction for mobile gaming.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I havnt played this on a phone, but I do have to agree with Seritonin. This is probably one of the best mobile (phone + tablet) games I've ever seen. It might not be the kind of super crowd magnet like Angry Birds or something, which in the end is an extremely simple game.

I think this game has huge potential in the future too.. they could easily put this into XBLA on 360, include multiplayer and some new content.. GIVE!

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I think it's just fine on my 920. It's AWESOME having the virtual sticks that follow your hands as they drift (I was nearly in a PlayStation controller-style side-by-side with my thumbs on a few occasions, and they tracked separately without issue). The only thing is, it's a LITTLE touchy with navigation, as it seems to pick up the slightest twitches of the thumbs, leading to some issues with aiming.

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure they'll be updating some tweaks when they update the game in August. I really can't wait for more levels. Couldn't stop playing and beat the game in two days. One of the most fun things was to start spending some XP points and even a few bucks for credits to play around with the laser and the rocket launcher. Then they have the score booster so I can try to maximize my score to get all gold stores. Definitely challenging with some skulls on and I still can stop playing!! Loving it on the 920.

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure they'll be updating some tweaks when they update the game in August. I really can't wait for more levels. Couldn't stop playing and beat the game in two days. One of the most fun things was to start spending some XP points and even a few bucks for credits to play around with the laser and the rocket launcher. Then they have the score booster so I can try to maximize my score to get all gold stores. Definitely challenging with some skulls on and I still can stop playing!! Loving it on the 920.
Does it save progress linked to our account ?

TrophyNostalgia

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
It's one of the best mobile experiences I think. Is it mind blowing, no. However I think it was worth the $6.99, especially considering they plan to add more content to it through patches. I got it for my Nokia Lumia 822, however I do think the controls would be better on my Surface. The phone still runs the game great (with few minor quality issues, never had it crash though) but it would probably be less crowded and more grandiose on a bigger screen. I however do not regret buying it for my phone, and am considering after a while getting it for my Surface too.

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
is any touch screen mobile game considered amazing? no offense to casual gamers or anything but if i were you i'd never expect a phone game to ever be "amazing." they're on a phone and not dedicated gaming hardware for a reason. this game though has been by far the most fun mobile game i've played and one of the few that comes close to a REAL gaming experience on a phone. getting sick of stupid word games and flinging birds, neither of which are amazing either. this game for the most part (minus the greedy in game transaction system) actually feels like a real game and not a causal flash game or board game. controls could use a bit of fine tuning but nothing major. i expect them to release more levels, tweak the controls, kill any bugs some people may be experiencing (i haven't had any) and possibly even implement some form of co-op (either local or via xbox live or both would be awesome) with future updates. hopefully they ease up on the in game transactions and allow you at some point to permanently unlock all weapons and not have to waste xp and/or real money just to use a weapon in a mission once before having to rebuy it again for the next level - pretty lame.

Serious Tone

May 15, 2013
Visit site
The only real problem I have with it is throwing grenades, maybe 1 out of 4 go where I want it.

I have a question though, how in the world do you use the armor abilities, I cannot figure it out..?

EDDS

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
The only real problem I have with it is throwing grenades, maybe 1 out of 4 go where I want it.

I have a question though, how in the world do you use the armor abilities, I cannot figure it out..?

On W8/RT the button above the use icon and on Windows Phone tap your Spartan.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psyduck