So, my ATT phone has been able to download Spartan Assault without hacks...

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Well, I just went to the games and downloaded Spartan Assault on my 920 and did the same thing on my son's 820. There were no checks or anything that might complicate the process, it just worked. What am I missing that made this work?

Also, the game itself is not as good as everyone, myself included, had hoped. It'd be pretty great if not for the terrible virtual sticks that render it almost unplayable... They have virtual sticks pre-built for you in the WP dev toolkit that function much better than the ones they used so I'm at a loss as to how they could do so bad. Honestly, I still feel that either Tentacles or Ilomilo is the most compelling Windows Phone game to date.

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That's cool you were able to get the game. I thought you might've had an explanation telling other people how how got it.

What are virtual sticks?

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I wish I did. If it helps, I have the goPhone sim in at present. It might be because of that. and those go for like $4 online.

Virtual sticks are the awful jittery joysticks they use. Gunbros and many other twinstick shooters work the same except they actually work.

Res215dg

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Using the GoPohone SIM is going to be the reason why you were able to download Spartan Assault

I believe another user had created a thread posting how they removed the SIM card from their phone, booted up, downloaded the game, then re installed the SIM card back in place and it work as well

Brandon Keenan

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
thats what I did and it worked... I had to hit reinstall however a few times in the windowsphone.com store before I could see the download commence.

tvolpe86

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
could they (twin sticks) and the controls in general be fine tuned a bit? sure. but i wouldn't go so far as to say they're terrible. took me no more than 5 minutes of getting used to how they control before i was pretty easily directing the spartan through the levels without a problem. it requires very minimal actual movement on your part. throwing nades, though, should really be made so that they're thrown where ever you double tap on the screen. i haven't had much problem aiming once i got used to the feel of the "virtual" sticks.

Mbillie420

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I got it to install on my nokia 1020 by removing the SIM card and installing from my PC was going to try the way I've read on few website by using fiddler but tried this way first
I bought it first on my pc from the windows phone app store but it wouldn't send it to my phone I removed the sim and turned phone off and on then tried to send it to phone again and it started downloading

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans