Despicable Me : Minion Rush - Multiple Platform Problem

UberGadgetFreak

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
After getting the updates yesterday for Despicable Me : Minion Rush (updates from 1/20/2014) from the Windows Phone Store on my Nokia Lumia 1520, I ran into an interesting odd behavior:

Any time I try to access the shop within the game, it exits.
This seems to happen after it sync's my data.
I also play it on my Surface RT tablet (V1), and get the same behavior now.

Otherwise, I can play the game fine. Just not access the shop either using the Shop button on the start screen or the offers after a run.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, and it's not working. I'd hate to lose my saved data, so wanted to see if someone else has/had this problem and knows how to get it straightened out.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I did the update yesterday on my 920. Just tried to access store from the start screen and after a run, no problems here.

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
After getting the updates yesterday for Despicable Me : Minion Rush (updates from 1/20/2014) from the Windows Phone Store on my Nokia Lumia 1520, I ran into an interesting odd behavior:

Any time I try to access the shop within the game, it exits.
This seems to happen after it sync's my data.
I also play it on my Surface RT tablet (V1), and get the same behavior now.

Otherwise, I can play the game fine. Just not access the shop either using the Shop button on the start screen or the offers after a run.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, and it's not working. I'd hate to lose my saved data, so wanted to see if someone else has/had this problem and knows how to get it straightened out.

I haven't seen reports of this happening to anyone else. Let me know if you keep experiencing the issue or if others are too. I'll definitely need to let the Devs know if this seems like it isn't an isolated issue!

UberGadgetFreak

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I am still having the issue.
And it's definitely related to sync'ing my data.
If I reinstall it on my phone or my tablet, kill network access so it can't sync from the cloud, the shop works fine.
But once I sync cloud data, it starts having the problem all over again (I don't want to lose my sync data as I assume overwriting it would lose all of my game purchases).

I do get the same behavior on my Windows 8,1 Pro PC as well once I sync my data.

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I am still having the issue.
And it's definitely related to sync'ing my data.
If I reinstall it on my phone or my tablet, kill network access so it can't sync from the cloud, the shop works fine.
But once I sync cloud data, it starts having the problem all over again (I don't want to lose my sync data as I assume overwriting it would lose all of my game purchases).

I do get the same behavior on my Windows 8,1 Pro PC as well once I sync my data.

I'll make a note of it but definitely please send this issue in to our Support Team as well: Gameloft Customer Care - Online Support for All Games & Devices

They will log it and send it over to our Dev team so they can start addressing the issue.

UberGadgetFreak

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Ryan,
I did open a support ticket, but have not heard back.
I wanted to share some additional info though. I am getting an access violation when it crashes (below is the Windows Error Reporting without the dump, just the summary - Note Sig[7] values):

Version=1
EventType=MoAppCrash
EventTime=130368780108350535
ReportType=2
Consent=1
UploadTime=130368780108819283
ReportIdentifier=39c23d5d-95aa-11e3-827d-90004edb0966
IntegratorReportIdentifier=39c23d5c-95aa-11e3-827d-90004edb0966
NsAppName=praid:App
Response.BucketId=e12c6c95e070b87e3ad5746dcf431222
Response.BucketTable=5
Response.LegacyBucketId=98787634711
Response.type=4
Sig[0].Name=Package Full Name
Sig[0].Value=GAMELOFTSA.DespicableMeMinionRush_1.0.0.6_x64__0pp20fcewvvtj
Sig[1].Name=Application Name
Sig[1].Value=praid:App
Sig[2].Name=Application Version
Sig[2].Value=0.0.0.0
Sig[3].Name=Application Timestamp
Sig[3].Value=52d7be39
Sig[4].Name=Fault Module Name
Sig[4].Value=DespicableMe_w8.exe
Sig[5].Name=Fault Module Version
Sig[5].Value=0.0.0.0
Sig[6].Name=Fault Module Timestamp
Sig[6].Value=52d7be39
Sig[7].Name=Exception Code
Sig[7].Value=c0000005

Sig[8].Name=Exception Offset
Sig[8].Value=0000000000208750
DynamicSig[1].Name=OS Version
DynamicSig[1].Value=6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.4
DynamicSig[2].Name=Locale ID
DynamicSig[2].Value=1033
DynamicSig[22].Name=Additional Information 1
DynamicSig[22].Value=0266
DynamicSig[23].Name=Additional Information 2
DynamicSig[23].Value=0266911ddbd66c45bda54b0d88d2f527
DynamicSig[24].Name=Additional Information 3
DynamicSig[24].Value=f465
DynamicSig[25].Name=Additional Information 4
DynamicSig[25].Value=f465d151dc7aca2ccdd7591302bfea5e
UI[2]=C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\GAMELOFTSA.DespicableMeMinionRush_1.0.0.6_x64__0pp20fcewvvtj\DespicableMe_w8.exe
LoadedModule[0]=C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\GAMELOFTSA.DespicableMeMinionRush_1.0.0.6_x64__0pp20fcewvvtj\DespicableMe_w8.exe
State[0].Key=Transport.DoneStage1
State[0].Value=1
FriendlyEventName=Stopped working
ConsentKey=MoAppCrash
AppName=GAMELOFTSA.DespicableMeMinionRush_0pp20fcewvvtj!App
AppPath=C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\GAMELOFTSA.DespicableMeMinionRush_1.0.0.6_x64__0pp20fcewvvtj\DespicableMe_w8.exe
NsPartner=windows
NsGroup=windows8
ApplicationIdentity=451665654ADA07C6555DA510E6CCF975

If needed, I can get a full user mode dump when it bails if it would help. I ma guessing my saved game data is somehow corrupted that doesn't stop it from saving progress, but only breaks store/costume access.

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
PM me the full user mode dump when it happens again. This way I can forward this stuff along to our Devs. Can you include where you live and what device you're playing on as well? That information is usually the extra stuff the Dev team asks me for. Thanks!

NewBright

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I have this problem also, I emailed Gameloft customer Service a month ago (Feb 5) about the problem and got this response: I have heard nothing since:( Any Help with this problem would be appreciated.
Game Version 1.01.1a
> Description Since the update, when I hit the shop button or the costume
> button I am kicked out of the app.
Gameloft Customer Care <support@gameloft.com> to me
Hello,
Thank you for contacting Gameloft Customer Care.

We are sorry that you are facing this issue. We are already aware of the issue and have forwarded this information to our developers for further investigation. Rest assured that we will do our best to resolve your issue as quickly as possible, though it will definitely take a certain amount of time.

Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience.

If you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to contact us again.

Sincerely,
-------------------------------
Olga
Customer Care Agent
Top Mobile Games for iOS, Android, Java & more | Gameloft
Gameloft Customer Care - Online Support for All Games & Devices

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I have this problem also, I emailed Gameloft customer Service a month ago (Feb 5) about the problem and got this response: I have heard nothing since:( Any Help with this problem would be appreciated.
Game Version 1.01.1a
> Description Since the update, when I hit the shop button or the costume
> button I am kicked out of the app.

Is it still happening for you? If so, let me know your ticket number, what device you're playing on and what country you are playing in :) This will be something I'll need to check with the Dev team on and see if they have been able to iron out this issue for the next update.

NewBright

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi Ryan, Yes, I still have the problem. My ticket number is 7412242. I am playing on a Microsoft Surface, in America. I am at a stand still with the game until this issue is resolved. :amaze::unhappy:

Amy Burgess2

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
The back button wont work so I cant play the game. I went to look at the challenges and now I cant get back to the game play. I have cleared the cache and history on the phone but its still not working. any ideas?
:eck:

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi Ryan, Yes, I still have the problem. My ticket number is 7412242. I am playing on a Microsoft Surface, in America. I am at a stand still with the game until this issue is resolved. :amaze::unhappy:

Sorry for the delay in just getting back to you! I'll look in to what's going on with this case and see if our Dev team has made any progress on this issue.

Ryan,why we didn't got Downtown area it's so awesome

I just replied to your PM. Outside of the beach and mall updates, Windows will be getting all other environments. It just comes down to when the update is ported over and then approved to go live!

The back button wont work so I cant play the game. I went to look at the challenges and now I cant get back to the game play. I have cleared the cache and history on the phone but its still not working. any ideas?
:eck:

Which device are you playing on and what region are you playing from? Let me know and I'll see if I can ask the Dev team about this issue!

Princessmacaw

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Even myself and my friend are facing the same issues. We miss Despicable me. I tried reinstalling the game. but its just exiting the app. :unhappysweat:

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi there, Ryan!

I decided to download Minion Rush to see if any new content packs had yet been released for the Windows Phone platform (the Moon, for example). When I installed the game, it did find my cloud-based gamestate and replaced the local (new) gamestate on my phone successfully. I then connected Minion Rush to my Facebook profile and saw my list of friends and their status in the game. When I returned to the main menu, the entire interface became graphically glitched out in a way that is eerily similar to what had been happening on my Lumia 2520 Windows RT tablet a while back.

It is probably worth noting that I am running the Preview for Developers build of Windows Phone 8.1 on my Lumia 1520.

Thanks,

Brent

wp_ss_20140427_0002.jpgwp_ss_20140427_0001.png

Gameloft_Ryan

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
That's weird! Not sure if it's the preview build that's causing the issue or not. I'll need to check and see. It is worth noting that the Moon mini-game along with the Anti-Villain League environment will be coming to Windows in May. We recently made the announcement on our social media channels and I can't remember if I posted about it on WPCentral in one of the threads I'm active in.

GrayW0lf

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
It only seems to happen if I visit the "friends" portion of the game. If I just go into the store and then the game or just launch the game, there are no problems. Very strange.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon