Not Gaining Space After Uninstall...

Xarok

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys

I had 2.5gb of space left on my phone (HTC 8x), I tried to install Dungeon Hunter 4 (1gb) but this obviously didn't work, so I thought I would try the "website trick". I went to windowsphone.com and installed it that way.

75% through the install my phone tells me I have low storage and to uninstall some apps. Fair enough I though, I'm not going to get away with this, so I cancelled the install.

Although now It is saying I only have 500mb left, even though I cancelled the installation. I can only assume that some of the files for DH4 are still on the phone somewhere, but I cannot find them or know how to find them to delete them.

Basically I've thrown away 2gb of storage. Any ideas to get it back / fix this?

Thanks for any replies :)

AndyFZ1S

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Try settings/phone storage and deleting temp files, takes a while, If not a hard reset back to factory settings losing all your stuff so do a back up 1st etc.

Xarok

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Deleting temp files didn't do much, and wasn't so keen on full restore.

I deleted a few other games to make room for DH4 and downloaded it again... it worked this time. I then deleted it and have got my storage back.

So basically half the files for DH4 were left "hidden" on my phone after cancelling the initial install and doing a full re install of the game used the old files that were already there instead of adding additional files. Useful to know if anyone else has this problem in the future :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo