Everquest Team Hates Windows Phone

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Who cares? I literally know nothing about Everquest, and I have no intention to care about it (it's an MMORPG, right?). They're not wrong that there isn't enough marketshare to warrant every team developing an app, and I don't rightly care what they think about the platform, just as they don't likely care that I don't consider their game worth my time.

m_kock

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
That's nice that you don't care, but a lot of people do care about their products. I'm just saying as a fan of their franchise, it's sad to see them hate a platform I love. That's all.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
That's nice that you don't care, but a lot of people do care about their products. I'm just saying as a fan of their franchise, it's sad to see them hate a platform I love. That's all.

You can't make someone love about what you love and actually you don't need to. You know you have something unique that they dont have . I know EQ and don't care about what they think about something. It's you who knows WP better than those :)

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
So? Who cares about Everquest? Haven't heard about it since a few years ago.

It's this vicious circle: Windows Phone isn't as popular because it lacks the sheer number of apps (compared to iOS and Android) -> there aren't as many apps because Windows Phone isn't as popular as other mobile OSs -> ....

Also, that dude in the left side reminded me of the comic book guy from the Simpsons when he was making the movie to his own comic book "Every-Man"^^

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Everquest........that's still a thing??? I remember hearing about it like 10 years ago, and I was aware there is an Everquest 2. However what I saw of the graphics in 2 did not impress me at all.
It's a WOW wanabe and will never have the following it once had.

Sorry to sound rather down on it, but I think it's headed to a point where it will just be a nice memory of days playing with friends. Even Wow is starting to slip into the grave again. Game burnout will claim every game in time.

QwarkDreams

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Was it really necessary to bring this thread back from the dead? The latest post is from late January.

But yes, it seems that Everquest mostly raises the feeling of nostalgia, rather than anticipation for the new game, same goes for Landmark. I wouldn't say that MMORPGs are dead but the hype is certainly gone.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Sure it's got a minuscule market share compared to the other platforms. Heck everything starts small, a shark doesn't come into being at it's full length nor does a developer go from a one man team to leading several dozens of employees over night.

Some where in time these now bigger devs forgot why they started developing in the first place and it just became about money not getting their product out there and bringing delightful experiences to users wherever they maybe.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Sure it's got a minuscule market share compared to the other platforms. Heck everything starts small, a shark doesn't come into being at it's full length nor does a developer go from a one man team to leading several dozens of employees over night.

Some where in time these now bigger devs forgot why they started developing in the first place and it just became about money not getting their product out there and bringing delightful experiences to users wherever they maybe.
Bringing delightful experiences to users might sound nice in theory, but ultimately profit is the reason these companies exist.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Bringing delightful experiences to users might sound nice in theory, but ultimately profit is the reason these companies exist.

Yes, however pretty much every developer will tell you they either saw gap in the market or wanted to delight users with new experiences. Money is secondary as the initial cost that is really put in is Time then Money.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos