Why won't the Angry Birds Go Update complete install?

Long Syntax

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Angry Birds Go Update - won't complete install

It downloads, goes through most of install, but then says Attention Required and offers to try again. I'd rather not uninstall / reinstall because my son plays this all the time and I'll lose his progress.

Anyone else having an issue with the update?

palmujukka

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: Angry Birds Go Update - won't complete install

I have the same issue. Restarting the phone didn't help. Will try reinstalling the app now.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

Did they ever fix the music? I didn't bother with installing it after my last wipe.

palmujukka

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site

I uninstalled the game and now it gives the same error message on install. Hopefully, this is just a temporary store issue.

Long Syntax

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Thanks palmujukka for going to the trouble of posting your findings. I guess it's a temporary issue and will wait for the issue to be fixed rather than uninstall / reinstall ;-)

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Glad to see I'm not alone... anyone thought to send the devs a note?

Edit: Btw, I'm on dev preview update 1. Everyone else using the DP? Maybe that's the problem with this game's update?

Last edited:

fitchalcyone

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

Mine right now is showing the waiting on Wi-Fi note, but I'll try when I get home.

I'm very impressed with Rovio lately and their steady stream of updates. I hope they keep this up!

Long Syntax

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

Response from Rovio:

"Hello Jim,

and thanks for reaching out to us!

We are currently investigating this problem and we will hopefully get it fixed in no time at all. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

Nadir
Rovio Support Team"

Danny Gelkin

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site

I'm using a nokia lumia 930 running Cyan (config ID 1010.00DBA4) on EE network Im also having the same issue

8.1 (version 8.10.14157.200)
FW 02061.00066.14353.31003

Danny

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

While we're at it, (and while we've got a few Angry Birds fans together here) let's all send them a message and remind them to bring Angry Birds Transformers to Windows Phone. I want to play it on my 1520! (I downloaded the iOS version on my old iPhone 4.. and wow, trying to tap on that tiny screen everywhere to fire lol)

breslauer

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site

Are there any news from Rovio? Tried through their contact link and message on facebook.

Long Syntax

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

I've heard nothing aside from my previous post regarding their acknowledgement of the issue.

iamakii

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site

Same issue, 1520 running the latest PFD 8.1. Weird. Some apps were like this in the past, but after several tries they did install. But not this.

Likwidz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

I got my email response back from Rovio support and they even accidently forwarded a response to someone else with the same problem to me saying the same exact thing, that it is a problem with "windows server" and that it will be fixed in "no time at all" :\

docarchy

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

Tried installing this game yesterday for the first time only to run into this issue. Came here searching and see I am not alone. Using a 1020 with 8.1 DP.

Looks like they (Ms or rovio) taking a while to fix it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster