The Last Warlock

SonicSloth

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

The Last Warlock just came to Windows Phone. It's a turn based strategy/RPG/Voxels game that's been getting great feedback on other platforms. I'm hoping Windows Phone gamers will enjoy it too.

I would add a link to the game on the store, and a link to the YouTube promo video, but I don't have a high enough post count, so you'll have to search for them yourself. :)

Touch Arcade awarded it 4? stars out of 5.
"The Last Warlock is a fantastic bit of medicine for anyone who has grown a little weary of the norm in this genre, and a breath of fresh air even if you haven't." - Touch Arcade

"If you've got any love for strategy RPGs, you shouldn't let this one pass you by." - Touch Arcade

Strips1_Half.jpg

Command your Warlock across a series of hand-crafted quests, encountering monsters, traps, puzzles and enemy Warlocks!

- Journey through varied magical lands on your quest to discover the secret of the last warlock.
- Featuring over 60 spells.
- Summon mythical creatures to do your bidding.
- Attack your enemies with fire, lightning and magic.
- Craft swords, shields and potions to aid in your quests.
- Use loot from your battles to level up and prepare for the next adventure.
- Customize the appearance of your Warlock and power up with new spells and abilities.
- Replay quests to discover hidden areas or defeat challenging monsters as you gain power.
- True emergent gameplay rarely seen in mobile games.

The Last Warlock features an extensive single player experience and an exciting multiplayer battle mode where you can play hotseat or online asynchronous battles against up to four human or computer controlled Warlocks.

- No timers, no consumable purchases, and no pay-to-win!

WinPhone1.jpg

What players are saying about The Last Warlock:

"It is the rare game that feels totally fresh and engaging." - User review

"Last night I eluded my opponents guards by riding a Pegasus over the moat, then blew the roof off his castle and summoned a zombie inside his castle. Then I staged a frontal assault while the zombie (which had auto-resurrected after being killed by guards) released a bunch of neutral monsters inside his castle to attack his guards from behind. It was the coolest thing I've ever done in a tactical RPG, and I can't wait to try the same level with a different strategy." - User review

It's not from a big name publisher and is unlikely to get a great deal of attention, but if you're a strategy or RPG fan, and want to encourage Indie Game development on Windows Phone, I hope you'll consider giving it a go! Search for 'The Last Warlock' on the Windows Phone store.

SonicSloth

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I've added a Trial mode to this game.
Also, if anyone has any advice as to how to get more visibility on WinPhone, please let me know.
The game has great reviews on Android and iOS, but doesn't seem to have picked up any traction at all on Windows Phone.

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I think $4 is a bit more than what the general populous of Windows Phone users are willing to pay, especially on an RPG which is (unfortunately) a less popular genre when it comes to WP. I would bite if it was 50% off because it looks like a great game and I'd like to show support.

SonicSloth

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I'd heard from some devs that Windows Phone users were more willing to pay for content than say Android users (who are renowned for having ridiculous expectations when it comes to $1 to $5 games). However, Android is selling way beyond WP (and has all 5 star ratings FWIW).

When it comes to the price. This is not a generic $2 throwaway game. It is also not mass market (it's not Cut the Rope or Crossy Road) so it can't get half a million sales to make a low price viable. The price is actually going up by a dollar in a couple of days to match the iOS version.

Glancing over the paid WP games charts, you're right there is little in the way of RPGs. There is also little in the way of unusual indie games. It's mostly poor mans versions of console games from EA and then all the usual big name mobile titles like Plants vs Zombies, Cut the Rope & Fruit Ninja. I guess it's more a casual games market.

SonicSloth

May 28, 2015
Visit site
Thought I'd mention that The Last Warlock has been updated with new quests, new multi-player maps, and new creatures.

The Android version of the game has a 4.6 star rating https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sonicsloth.thelastwarlock
The Windows Phone version has a few bad reviews from people with 512MB devices, despite the first line of the App description saying that it needs 1GB, and in general has had very few downloads, but I've updated it anyway. Hope some of you will give it a go!

It has a free trial, so what do you have to lose? :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre