How do I restore my old user profiles, after they were corrupted?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Saving a user profile

How do I restore my old user profiles when they are corrupted? Microsoft never seems to answer this anywhere. This is the fourth time my user profile was corrupted for no reason (I play RuneScape, Assassin's Creed games and Saints Row games only; all from trusted companies). I never do anything that is dangerous on my user and I am quite frankly sick of having this problem because I have to go through a lot of trouble to restore my savegames. I now have three different profiles that have all been "corrupted" for whatever reason, and then my wife has to create yet another one for me (her account is safe for some reason). Why does this happen? Why is there no error report? What is causing it? I only use Windows for games since Linux is MUCH BETTER at everything except just that. I am seriously considering giving up gaming so I can live a life free of Microsoft's ridiculous bugs. Your product sucks!!! Will you help me fix it or just advise me to create a new profile from scratch yet again? I didn't meant to sound angry, but this is just SOOOOO annoying!!!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Saving a user profile

How do I restore my old user profiles when they are corrupted? Microsoft never seems to answer this anywhere. This is the fourth time my user profile was corrupted for no reason (I play RuneScape, Assassin's Creed games and Saints Row games only; all from trusted companies). I never do anything that is dangerous on my user and I am quite frankly sick of having this problem because I have to go through a lot of trouble to restore my savegames. I now have three different profiles that have all been "corrupted" for whatever reason, and then my wife has to create yet another one for me (her account is safe for some reason). Why does this happen? Why is there no error report? What is causing it? I only use Windows for games since Linux is MUCH BETTER at everything except just that. I am seriously considering giving up gaming so I can live a life free of Microsoft's ridiculous bugs. Your product sucks!!! Will you help me fix it or just advise me to create a new profile from scratch yet again? I didn't meant to sound angry, but this is just SOOOOO annoying!!!

When you mean user profile corrupted, what happens exactly?

This is a windows fan based forum, not directly affiliated with Microsoft

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786