In Car Bluetooth Issues seem solved in GDR3

thefreeronnies

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
What does the tick box do? I have a Ford with a My Connection stereo with bluetooth. It works well, but still worse than my old N8.
For example, I have to be listening to BT music to receive sound notifications and calls from my Lumia 920. This is not cool, as the vibration and rign on the phone get disabled altogether.
I do have problems sometimes with voice commands, basically in that the phone can't seem to understand me, then I strike out of chances to repeat the command or message. Especially with the content of messages. but that might be because of the awful data connection of my isp..

I had similar problems with my Ford stereo's bluetooth setup until GDR3. With the box ticked for alternative method in the Bluetooth settings I can dictate messages and it actually hears me properly. I think before GDR3 the phone wasn't using the car's inbuilt mics to pick up the voice but it is now. There is a delay when you're holding the windows button to initiate speech (maybe a couple of seconds more than normal) but the results are well worth it.

Joel S79

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
I had similar problems with my Ford stereo's bluetooth setup until GDR3. With the box ticked for alternative method in the Bluetooth settings I can dictate messages and it actually hears me properly. I think before GDR3 the phone wasn't using the car's inbuilt mics to pick up the voice but it is now. There is a delay when you're holding the windows button to initiate speech (maybe a couple of seconds more than normal) but the results are well worth it.

I was wondering if ticking that box would help, but so far it hasn't. Does it hear you ok when a text comes in? Did you have to do anything special after ticking the box?

My typical conversation with my phone/car goes something like this when a text comes in.
*Music interrupted*: "[persons last name] You can say 'Read it' or 'Ignore'"
Me: "Read it"
Car: *pause* "You have a message from [person]. You can say 'Read it' or 'Ignore'"
Me: "READ IT!"
Car: *pause* "You have a message from [person]. You can say 'Read it' or 'Ignore'"
Me: "READ IT YOU [insert string of profanity]!"
Car: *beep* *music resumes*

The mic in my car is notoriously bad, so I'm thinking that's the problem, but it almost never understands me, and it's REALLY annoying. I'm thinking of turning on driving mode for texts when I'm driving to spare me the aneurysm and odd looks from people when I'm cursing my phone.

Alphageek_UK

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I listen to Audible a lot in my car, a Nissan Qashqai with the Nissan Connect unit.

The on-screen controls would not pause and resume the audiobooks with GDR2, but now with GDR3 they control my L925 perfectly.
Never had any issues with voice and text messages and that is still working ok, too.

Audio quality for audiobooks and music streaming (mainly Spotify) is the same, very good,

Sicarius123

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Everything worked in my car under GDR1/2 previously except voice translation of SMS was intermittent. With "Connect to car alternate way" checked it now works every time :). VW RNS 510 with 9W7 Bluetooth module.

David McManus

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I updated to GDR3 and still have the constant disconnect issue. Do you have Lumia Amber update as well? I reset my phone to factory before I found the posts about getting GDR3 preview so I lost the Amber update. I have an unlocked 920 from an Australian carrier and am currently on a US carrier who doesn't support the 920 so not sure I will ever get it.
GDR3 update installed with no issues and everything works, I deleted bluetooth connection from car (2013 Elantra) and phone. It pairs fine and downloads contacts (as long as I catch the screen that prompts me to accept the download), but the phone loses connection every 10-20 seconds, reconnects, drops.... I got it to work once long enough to make a call, but after leaving car and going back its back to dropping reconnecting again..

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Here at Work we have some Problems with Samsung Ativ S Devices with GDR2 and Updated two of them to GDR3 to test if this fixes our Problem but it still Disconnects Randomly during the Call...

This Problem is very anoying and happens with Different Cars from Different Manufacturers... :-(

edelsteijn

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Is Bluetooth Tethering working with GDR3?

I want to connect my navigation device to my 1020 by bluetooth tethering to get real-time traffic info. Android and IOS do support this basic feature and I presumed when ordering the 1020 that Windows8 after years and years of development would support such basic functions too.

MelodyMan

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I have always had trouble playing music through Blietooth in my car. Now I have installed the GDR3 preview (with Amber installed) and finally my playlists are played like they should in the sound quality that should be expected. Haven't tested the incar calling yet. But i am VERY happy already.

Oh, and tethering works fine also.

Martin Taylor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Finally, I received the GDR3 update a couple of days ago for my Samsung ATIV S. Bluetooth is now really solid in my BMW with no random disconnects and the subsequent need to restart the phone, and better speech quality. Also, the phone directory now correctly sorts by surname. I'm very pleased.

fdruid

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
With Black I'm getting the same sudden, random volume dips in music I used to get with the N8, all in my Ford Ka's My Connection system. Without the box ticked. I guess I'll try it.
What they fixed for me was the background buzz for music.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05