Smaller Tiles on 925 after Update to GDR3

Helgor

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

i update my Lumia 925 to GDR 3. The first ive seen is that the Tiles are some Pixels smaller now. Can anyone confirm this? im not very amused, ist not a lot but i can see it.

Helge

Helgor

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
ok, thats the new homescreen. i dont have a screenshot from before, but im sure ist smaller. maybe 10 Pixels or something like that.
it Looks like there are more space now on the sides.

wp_ss_20131014_0003.png

Attachments

• wp_ss_20131014_0001.png
    wp_ss_20131014_0001.png
    154.6 KB · Views: 24

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I just checked your screenshot against one from my un-updated L920 and there's absolutely no change in the size of the tiles. You're imagining things :)

Also, Joe Belfiore confirmed on Twitter that the new tile sizes are *ONLY* for 1080p devices.

Paedin

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I have the phone also. Im not sure that the tiles are smaller, rather clearer. Seems to be a higher resolution. Maybe part of the prep for the extra tile line.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
curious, if there is an app update, do you tend to think it opens faster or its smoother? that would probably explain it.

Simply, nothing different.

laydbaak

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
You are not imagining it. The tiles are smaller on my 920 since the gdr3 update. It was the first thing I noticed. They look clearer and a little sharper, but they are smaller and I have more black border around the tiles in the home screen/

valeriolucciola

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I just got GDR3 for my L920 and I immediately noticed that the start screen was different. I don't know if it's more space between tiles or smaller tiles or larger right, left, and/or top margins for the tile area in relation to the screen itself. Unfortunately, I'm the kinda guy that notices doors are crooked in door frames and pictures aren't perfectly level so very subtle changes tend to catch my eye. I can't put my finger on the change--more space between tiles/slightly smaller tiles was the first thing to come to mind--but it is not something clearly documented and I don't currently have a screenshot to go back to and measure. My guess is that they adjusted the tile or margin sizes so they would fit better on 1080 screens and those subtle adjustments were implemented across the whole OS system so that 720 screens now have slightly different features that are intended to be almost unnoticeable except to those people who would pull out screen shots and zoom in to count pixels.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos