Bug? Strange storage issues - occupied space doesn't add up

nsa74

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
After updating to GRD3 I noticed a strange issue in storage management. Apparently I have 4 GB not shown anywhere (which is exactly the size of "Other" prior to update), but they don't show up in temp or anywhere else and don't add up to occupied space. Anybody else having this issue? I own an Ativ S, by the way.
space.jpg

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I added all mine up with a calculator and mine is all correct. apps+games should be at the top of the list and do you not have email on your phone or text messages?

wp_ss_20131014_0011.png

nsa74

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I do, that's the strange thing. But it doesn't show them as occupied space, the same as apps and games. I guess it's something wrong in my phone, I'll have to try a hard reset unfortunately.

Sent from my GT-I8750 using Tapatalk

nsa74

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Finnaly fix the issue, not after a lot of adventure. The only thing was a hard reset.
Step 1: hard reset, that resulted into black screen at startup, no way to get rid of that.
Step 2: hard reset from boot, using button combination, at least this resulted into a functional phone.
Step 3: Restoring settings and apps from backup. Unable to comple due to errors from marketplace. So, final step that at least fixed the issue
Step 4: Hard reset without restoring settings. So now a have a really fresh new phone, and functional storage management.
Apparently there are some issues hard resetting the phone after GDR3.
space.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henrysmith