Remove the downloaded setup of GDR3

gohilurvish

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,
Because of issue with net connectivity, I could not download GDR3 earlier.
Now it is downloaded and there are 3 updates showing when I go to Phone Update. It is there since 3-4 days and I couldnt get time to let it move further to be installed on my phone.

I just saw that HTC has started rolling out GDR3 and Nokia will be doing soon with Black (I know soon will be nothing less than a month :) ).

But now, I dont feel like installing GDR3 preview. I am sure the setup files are going to eat up a lot of space.

Is there any possible way I can remove that?

Thnaks...

spidy_six

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
The GDR3 download is approximately 36MB large, so I think it won't take so much space..

I have the same issue. I have downloaded the Preview of GDR3 update, but did not install it yet. Now, there is an official version of Lumia black available which comes with GDR3 updates. Hence, I want to install the official one instead of the preview version. But, I am not able to check for updates as the developer preview files are there and it asks me to install them first.

How to proceed now?

unnatixlr8

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,
Because of issue with net connectivity, I could not download GDR3 earlier.
Now it is downloaded and there are 3 updates showing when I go to Phone Update. It is there since 3-4 days and I couldnt get time to let it move further to be installed on my phone.

I just saw that HTC has started rolling out GDR3 and Nokia will be doing soon with Black (I know soon will be nothing less than a month :) ).

But now, I dont feel like installing GDR3 preview. I am sure the setup files are going to eat up a lot of space.

Is there any possible way I can remove that?

Thnaks...

I find it strange. People here are dieing for GRR3 update. and You don't wish to update.
Plus another thing is update 3 preview and the update 3 in Lumia Black are the same version. Even few people who are still on amber are not able to install the Lumia Black but could do so with GDR3 preview.

umamaheswar10788

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue. I have downloaded the Preview of GDR3 update, but did not install it yet. Now, there is an official version of Lumia black available which comes with GDR3 updates. Hence, I want to install the official one instead of the preview version. But, I am not able to check for updates as the developer preview files are there and it asks me to install them first.

How to proceed now?

hello spidy_six

have u got any solution in this regard. plz let me know .

and i also want know can we get update of lumia black even after installing GDR3 preview version. i'm using lumia 920 . help in this regard.
thanks in advance

umamaheswar10788

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
have u got any solution in this regard. plz let me know .

and i also want know can we get update of lumia black even after installing GDR3 preview version. i'm using lumia 920 . help in this regard.
thanks in advance

Cutting Edge

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I want to find that out too.

I've installed Preview for Developers and since then a new update has popped up (Microsoft Update 8.0.10521.155) and I don't want to install it yet. However, what if another update comes out via official and regular channels (e.g. post-Lumia black update) and I am not able to check for updates again without installing the previous update, i.e. Microsoft Update 8.0.10521.155.

How do I remove this update from update list without installing it and be able to check for new updates again? Is there a way to do it without a reset?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes