Any way to add tones to new messages/voicemail/email?

boneycat

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
So I can add tones to the ring tone folder, but they only show up in the ring tone section. Is there anyway I can add tones to the various messaging/email/voicemail folders?

Thanks!

HNNNNNGHHH

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
re:

On WP8, the feature to add custom ringtones for messages, voicemail, and email is still not possible, as they only show up in the incoming calls section. On WP7, it's possible via homebrew app called MyRingtone2SMS, so long as you can sideload unsigned applications to your device with a XAP deployer associated in the handset already.

jenni122701

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
re:

Well crud, I was hoping to come in here and find out that there WAS a way to use the tones and ringers for messages. :-(

Sent from my iPad 3rd Gen using Tapatalk

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
re:

On WP8, the feature to add custom ringtones for messages, voicemail, and email is still not possible, as they only show up in the incoming calls section. On WP7, it's possible via homebrew app called MyRingtone2SMS, so long as you can sideload unsigned applications to your device with a XAP deployer associated in the handset already.

That's walking on the dark side of windows phones...

mrbeard

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
re:

Hi, have just got a Nokia lumia520.. And downloaded the free ringtones app for windows 8.. Once I'd down loaded a few ringtones.. Where do they get stored too?? As I can't find them! Any idea's where too look too find them , so I can add too my contacts as incoming sounds etc.. Any ideas please.... Many thanks, if u can Help...

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
re:

Hi, have just got a Nokia lumia520.. And downloaded the free ringtones app for windows 8.. Once I'd down loaded a few ringtones.. Where do they get stored too?? As I can't find them! Any idea's where too look too find them , so I can add too my contacts as incoming sounds etc.. Any ideas please.... Many thanks, if u can Help...

If you go to Settings, ringtones you will find your downloaded tones under Custom. You will need to scroll right to the top of the page to find them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb