Minecraft Anyone?

DaHui623

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
We don't use creative mode for construction. All buildings are constructed in survival mode and all raw materials are sourced. These buildings are not by any means huge. For decorative blocks that does not exist in survival mode, we can do 1 to 1 swap. I only used fly to take screenshots.

Seconded. All materials in the Blaze farm were mined, smelted and crafted the old fashioned way. Also, right now it's just a basic open/close design. I plan on adding some automation in the near future.

I'd also like to give a shoutout to Etho (a well known Minecraft YouTuber) as I used his mob farm design. Here's a link to his tutorial if you're interested: Minecraft - Tutorial: Blaze XP Farm - YouTube.

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone. If you like to play Minecraft with us but you can't afford to pay for the game, every month, until further notice, we'll be giving away a free Minecraft account to any existing WPCentral member! So here's our 1st giveaway for the month. Solve the following anagram and sent me the answer in a private message (do not post the answer here) plus the username that you wish to use on Minecraft. If the name has already been registered, we'll send you a message to provide alternatives or you can always provide some alternatives together with your answer. You can always use back your WPCentral username if you do not wish to be anonymous.

Solve this anagram --> Satan Grim

Clues: one word; name; hot topic on WPCentral.

Last edited:

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Now that we have established a self-sustaining community, its time for members to start building their own homes. And one resource that you would need to create a beautiful home is colored wool. We have already colored our sheep in the sheep farm so this would be the easiest way to obtain them. Shears are available in the building connected to the sheep pen.

SheepFarm.jpg

"Our rainbow sheep farm"

We will also store excess wool collected in the building so you should check the chests in the store room first.

WoolStorage.jpg

"Ba ba black sheep, do you have any wool? Yes sir, yes sir, five chests full."

We have also been exploring further out from the shelter. On the way we have built additional mini shelters, some even with internal farms. We have recently discovered an abandoned mineshaft that has quite a lot of minerals and a skeleton spawner. I made a shelter as the entrance to the mineshaft and Daihui623 has created a skelly XP + bone + arrow farm from the spawner. He has also added additional portals so that we can travel between the community shelter and other locations faster by going through the netherworld. Thx Dahui623!

Skellyfarm.jpg

"Dahui623's skelly farm. Here's a skeleton joke: Who won the skeleton beauty contest? Answer: No Body."

Last edited:

DaHui623

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, the Blaze farm has been upgraded! It now sports an auto crusher that brings the Blazes down to one hit. I've also added a convenient chest full of instant damage potions for wiping those weak Blazes out quickly. Then just press the reset button and start again!

2013-05-09_13.11.44.png

Last edited:

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
First NPC village discovered! It's very far away from the community shelter (1253 76 -205) so I made a portal in the village.
Go to the skelly farm portal in the netherworld and there's a new path that will lead you to the NPC village portal.
You can also enter the nether fortress using the same path.

NPCVillage.jpg

Last edited:

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I played it for a while with my gaming community while we waited for our maingame to re-launch again (APB, which died again and was resurrected F2P).

We mostly worked on this one big project, an underwater biodome. Everything is done and gathered by hand, no creative mode or anything:

WASP underwater biodome in Minecraft (2011) - YouTube

Some background about the project from the person who was mostly the brains behind it:

First we walked for literally hours to find a decent spot, back then minecraft (or at least the map we seeded) didn't naturally spawn oceans of great depth, so it took a while to find something large enough and with at least "some depth" to it. But the spot we ended up deciding on was no way as deep as it needed to be... therefore I swam down in the middle of the ocean dug into the dirt at the bottom over the course of a few trips, then made an air gap, from there we dug a tunnel to the coast which was to be our initial entrance to what was just a small underground room 2 blocks high. From here we dug north, south, east and west 45 tiles each and then set about creating a disc shaped room still 2 blocks high, just under the sea bed. It was about at this point Seadee put together some very nice diagrams of each verticle slice of what each layer of the outer shell of the biodome would look like, so we could ensure we were digging perfect circles.

The next phase of development was strip mining downwards, where we had Core and many others expand the height of our room downwards by about 25 blocks. At this point we'd dug out aproximately 159,000 blocks (though my Math could be very wrong, (45x45)x1.314159 ?). It was long and grueling work and what dynamite could be scavenged was later used to speed up the process slightly.

We couldn't just knock out the ceiling, as it would've created more blocks of water to remove later... So we started to create a huge wall in the water above around the edge of where our biodome would surface, ... we'd hit fairly significant deposits of gravel previously, so that, combined with sand was used to drop into the water within our walled area to displace and remove the water. We often did this in sections, filling a chunk of water with gravel, digging it out again and moving a wall of gravel forward until we'd gone from one side of our walled section to the other. Once this was completed we knocked out the ceiling of our subterrainian lair - which by this point we'd filled with grass via our original 100+ block tunnel to the coast, as this was back in the day that the only way to create grass was to migrate it block by block from somewhere else over a long period of time. >.> Our grassy cave was often filled with livestock.

And then .... the biodome building commenced! We started off with a 10 block high wall of sand stone at the base and then began building our hemisphere dome on top of this using thousands of blocks of glass, made from sand that we'd dug from a few nearby and some not so nearby deserts and then lovingly furnaced. Suffice to say, this took a VERY very...very long time.

Once this was done, we had a Biodome, surrounded by a huge wall, in an ocean ... we needed to remove the wall, but due to the way water works in Minecraft doing so would not simply 'allow the water back' to flow over our dome. The water we'd worked hard to remove, now had to be placed back. We created a checker board of dirt and other materials at water level around the dome, leaving holes that we could then drop buckets of water into, meaning that every other block at water level above the dome would once again be water, and removing the checker board seperating them would allow those water blocks to merge to create a flat surface once again. ... I can't stress enough how tedious this was to do.

I've no doubt that the entire project consumed, destroyed or displaced more than 500,000 blocks ... probably closer to 1 million or more. And if you included the craft bucket powered hyper railroad that takes about 20 minutes to walk, where every rail requires multiple peices of iron and sticks you might easily double this number.

Bee Mon

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, for the past few days I've been building my home on our Minecraft server. You can find it near the Jungle Refuge. Coordinates are X:133 Y:72 Z:130. Externally it's done but internally it's about 85% complete. I will do a video walkthrough of it with voice commentary once it has been fully completed. Meanwhile here's some screenshots of what it looks on the outside at the moment.

Home1.jpg

"My abode from the front"

Home2.jpg

"Aerial view"

The hardest section to build is the underground garden and it's yet to be completed. The first problem is that grass does not grow below ground. Once I laid the dirt floor, I had to built a dirt staircase to the surface to let the grass spread downwards. This takes a long time and basically I had to literally "wait for grass to grow". The following screenshots shows the stages of grass growing in the underground garden with many minutes in between.

GrowingGrass1.jpg
"Growing grass underground in Minecraft"

GrowingGrass2.jpg
"Working on garden walls while waiting for grass to grow"

Garden1.jpg
"Adding a glass ceiling above the now completed grassy land"

Here's the latest screenshot of the garden.

Garden2.jpg
"Still needs some trees and flowers"

If you're an existing WPCentral member and you're interested in playing Minecraft with us, send me your Minecraft user name and I will whitelist you on the server. If you do not have the game, I'll be giving away a free Minecraft game account each month. This month's free account is still up for grabs. Solve the anagram "Satan Grim" and send me the correct result by private message to win the game for free. If you are new to Minecraft and you don't know how to play, I can guide you from within the game. There's also plenty of existing tutorials on YouTube. Plus I'll be doing some of my own tutorial videos on Minecraft starting from June which I'll post the links to here when they're online.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss