Anyone still play WOW?

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I haven't played it since Cataclysm... That expansion killed WOW for me.

I dabbled in FFXIV, Rift and SWTOR... Currently, I'm playing SWTOR and waiting for FFXIV A Realm Reborn to open up this Sat. (did beta phase 4 and liked what I saw)

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I still play, started in vanilla and been playing on and off. I also quit for majority of Cataclysm as it was pretty bad indeed. Outside perhaps the silly panda-theme, I think MoP is the best WoW has probably ever been.

Just killed Iron Qon HC with my guild the first time yesterday!

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to decide if I want to start back up or not. I was starting to play Order & Chaos, but I can't stand spending that much time on a small phone screen.

I would be willing to try a new game out but I don't want to have to learn a game with an overly complicated fighting system.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I haven't played it since Cataclysm... That expansion killed WOW for me.

I dabbled in FFXIV, Rift and SWTOR... Currently, I'm playing SWTOR and waiting for FFXIV A Realm Reborn to open up this Sat. (did beta phase 4 and liked what I saw)

What type of fighting system is in FF?

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
What type of fighting system is in FF?

For the most part, it is like any other PC MMO, select your target and hit icons to do your abilities, BUT this is the only MMO I have seen (except for its older sibling FFXI) that allows you to use a controller... I use one of my 360 controllers to run around... I just wish the 360 keyboard attachment worked on the PCs. If you tried the first release of FFXIV, ARR does away with the craptacular questing system in favor of a more typical MMO quest system where you just have NPCs stationed around with markers over their heads.

There is a benchmark you can download and get a feel for the games graphics... FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Benchmark (Character Creation)

I'm on the Leviathan server... "Sinime Oni" is my toons name... not 100% sure I will subscribe once that starts on the 27th... People who were unfortunate enough to buy FFXIV when it first came out get to early start on the 24th (free for 3 days I believe) ARR seems to use the same maps, but as I said, the questing system is 200x better.

Here is a video that demonstrates party play... http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/video/RYkH8g614gA

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
For the most part, it is like any other PC MMO, select your target and hit icons to do your abilities, BUT this is the only MMO I have seen (except for its older sibling FFXI) that allows you to use a controller... I use one of my 360 controllers to run around... I just wish the 360 keyboard attachment worked on the PCs. If you tried the first release of FFXIV, ARR does away with the craptacular questing system in favor of a more typical MMO quest system where you just have NPCs stationed around with markers over their heads.

There is a benchmark you can download and get a feel for the games graphics... FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Official Benchmark (Character Creation)

I'm on the Leviathan server... "Sinime Oni" is my toons name... not 100% sure I will subscribe once that starts on the 27th... People who were unfortunate enough to buy FFXIV when it first came out get to early start on the 24th (free for 3 days I believe) ARR seems to use the same maps, but as I said, the questing system is 200x better.

Here is a video that demonstrates party play... http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/video/RYkH8g614gA

How much of the game is focused on group play compared to soloing?

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I didn't get far in FFXIV (original), but assume it is heavy on grouping, to the point where you have to, once you are past level 15-20ish (at least that's the way FFXI was - only the beastmaster could solo the game)

But FFXI was my favorite MMO, no other MMO has drawn me in as much... Granted, it could be because XI was my first MMO

Edit: another cool thing about the FF MMOs... One character can be any job class (after a level 10 quest and unlocking them)... You just change your gear and you are the other class... And you can use some abilities from other classes you have leveled.... For example, level a healing class to a certain point, then raise a Tank class high enough and you could use the healing spells from your tank class.

Last edited:

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Haven't played WoW for many years now. Still play SWtOR here an there. I still really like PvP. I may try to ween myself from PC gaming once the XB1 comes out. As of right now its still my favorite.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Haven't played WoW for many years now. Still play SWtOR here an there. I still really like PvP. I may try to ween myself from PC gaming once the XB1 comes out. As of right now its still my favorite.

I've been having issues with the seeker droid and the "binocular" quests... Not that they are hard... Just every time I think I'm done, there's another 3 planets to go to... heck of a lot of traveling... and picking up missed datacrons is just adding to the time it takes :/

Sorry Mase, your thread apears to have been hijacked :(

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Cool, I think early access for preorders doesn't start till tomorrow, BUT you can use the benchmark to set what you want your character to look/sound and save it... Then when you go to play, all you have to do is load the saved character, pick a name, birth day, starting job class and server! There are a lot of things that can be customized beforehand

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Cool, I think early access for preorders doesn't start till tomorrow, BUT you can use the benchmark to set what you want your character to look/sound and save it... Then when you go to play, all you have to do is load the saved character, pick a name, birth day, starting job class and server! There are a lot of things that can be customized beforehand

My screen name is internationally known. I get it when I want it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99