The GTA V Thread

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
So I've only lost my online profile/characters and had to redo the tutorial twice. Other than that, this is quite awesome! I just wish we could go back into the same free roam after a mission as we were in before that mission!

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
So I've only lost my online profile/characters and had to redo the tutorial twice. Other than that, this is quite awesome! I just wish we could go back into the same free roam after a mission as we were in before that mission!

I think this is aiming for immersion, where the job isn't just an instanced thing in between free roam missions, but things you actually have to go to yourself and get out of yourself. The jobs often start from some players current location from what I can tell and like you said, it usually leaves you at the same area where you ended the mission.

I can definitely see the reasoning they made it like this, instancing often has a great way to kill any immersion of an open, living world. While the jobs obviously are instanced, I think this is a nice touch to make it feel like you're a part of the same world. That said, driving back from the country side few times too many aint fun either.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I think this is aiming for immersion, where the job isn't just an instanced thing in between free roam missions, but things you actually have to go to yourself and get out of yourself. The jobs often start from some players current location from what I can tell and like you said, it usually leaves you at the same area where you ended the mission.

I can definitely see the reasoning they made it like this, instancing often has a great way to kill any immersion of an open, living world. While the jobs obviously are instanced, I think this is a nice touch to make it feel like you're a part of the same world. That said, driving back from the country side few times too many aint fun either.

Well my main problem is after every mission, my friends and I have to reinvite each other back into the same game, and it gets quite annoying. I can see why, id just Ike a leaner way of dog it (m sure they'll toy with it a bit in updates)

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I have not even tried the online mode yet....trying for 100%....Like I did in GTA4....

but, if it has missions and other things, Might give it a shot.....

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I have not even tried the online mode yet....trying for 100%....Like I did in GTA4....

but, if it has missions and other things, Might give it a shot.....

I made a character and did like the first tutorial which was a race. (Was that actually against real people? I hope so because I kicked all their butts.) :) I really have not gone back because of all the problems they have been having.. losing characters, etc. They just popped out a 59MB patch today that is supposed to fix all sorts of problems.

I think you can do missions and crap and just free roam with buddies. It's supposed to be pretty awesome.

Some

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you leave me now, you'll take away the biggest part of me...

Poor Trevor... I felt sorry for him.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Let me snatch the opportunity from you and I'll keep it spoiler free. Option C :evil:

No spoilers.... After you do the "big one", you will see a mission at Franklin's house, right before you walk into his house, use your phone and save the game.... After you finish C, load up your save game and try A and B..... No question, it's worth watching...

I'm still playing, trying for 100%, got all the spaceship parts, 5 more jumps to do, then I will start on the letter pieces...

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
No spoilers.... After you do the "big one", you will see a mission at Franklin's house, right before you walk into his house, use your phone and save the game.... After you finish C, load up your save game and try A and B..... No question, it's worth watching...

I'm still playing, trying for 100%, got all the spaceship parts, 5 more jumps to do, then I will start on the letter pieces...

Not exactly, if you pick C, then you can replay the mission, but pick A or B instead. It doesn't need a separate save

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3