Do you think there is another phone better than Lumia 920?

JFH_2012

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Screen, camera and internal memory are the only things Nokia 920 beats HTC 8X in.
You seem to be forgetting rich audio recording, Nokia's suite of apps including drive +, transport, city lens, reading, free music, Nokia's exclusive apps from ESPN, Viber and others. HTC has what? A double size clock tile?

The only real advantage the 8X has over the 920 is weight, and only if the difference is important. Which it is not if you are fine with the 900 by the way.

Offtopic:

Got Lumia 900 for a few weeks from Nokia to test, and am pretty sure my 4S will be sold to get the 920. I am imagining 900 but a little faster and better at everything. :cool:

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Personal preference. I have a Lumia 900 so I already dont have an SD card slot so wont miss that but will get more storage. The screen will be bigger and higher resolution, battery will be bigger, camera better, wireless charging, blur free screen. For me these features are superior to an even bigger screen, SD card slot and bigger/removable battery and enough to make me choose the 920. For others these same features would make another phone better and they will choose that. It will all come down to personal preference.

Only a successor to Lumia 920 can be better.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
That raises another question. Do you feel people will choose Nokia over others even if others come up with a better phone? Do you think Nokia has already won this game? :straight:

Lumia 920 has the best specs. But in order to win the game its sales has to exceed beyond iPhone 5 and GS3. Neither Nokia nor Microsoft has that strong marketing technique to win the game

subkamran

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, the 8X and 920 are pretty close together, you're going to get a great phone no matter what.

The big thing for me is the OIS for the camera and even more, the Nokia software and built-in apps.

sholokov

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 920 has the best specs. But in order to win the game its sales has to exceed beyond iPhone 5 and GS3. Neither Nokia nor Microsoft has that strong marketing technique to win the game
Taking over iPhone may never happen. iOS gives many a feeling of easy to understand operating system. Pages with apps is an easy concept to grab. Majority of people just want that. Plus iPhone has become a status symbol in many societies.

I may never own an iPhone though. :p

mmacleodbrown

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
The 920 edges it for me, but if the 820 had come with a screen that had the same or very similar resolution, then Id go for that as I still get the nokia apps, nokia support, and a removable battery and SD card. Im sure Id love the camera on the 920, but when I looked at my history, Ive taken 40 photo's in a year with my phone, so cant count the camera as vital to me.

Funny thing is, when I tried a lumia 900, I didn't think the resolution was lacking in any way and the display looked great, but feel that if Im buying SIM free, no way am I shelling out all that cash to get last gen resolution, even if I didn't think it was that bad

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Taking over iPhone may never happen. iOS gives many a feeling of easy to understand operating system. Pages with apps is an easy concept to grab. Majority of people just want that. Plus iPhone has become a status symbol in many societies.

I will use iPhone as a music player and connect it with my Car using 3.5 MM audio will never use it as a phone :p

thejuiceman236

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Screen, camera and internal memory are the only things Nokia 920 beats HTC 8X in.

What about wireless charging? And if you elaborate on screen then you can say the super sensitive touch, faster refresh rate for no blurry scrolling, bigger screen, brighter screen for outside viewing. Nokia specific apps, Nokia music, wireless accessories. I feel like this is a lop sided battle. The 8x has beats and is thinner and lighter. That's all is has and the wide angle cameras. Not enough in my opinion.

sholokov

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
What about wireless charging? And if you elaborate on screen then you can say the super sensitive touch, faster refresh rate for no blurry scrolling, bigger screen, brighter screen for outside viewing. Nokia specific apps, Nokia music, wireless accessories. I feel like this is a lop sided battle. The 8x has beats and is thinner and lighter. That's all is has and the wide angle cameras. Not enough in my opinion.
Wireless charging: Kits are available that will make many phones wireless chargeable.
Super sensitive touch: Try using a spoon or metal object on a Samsung Focus. It works.
No Blurry scrolling: when was the last time you tried to read when your screen was scrolling.
Apps and stuff: I agree with you.

Edit: http://www.engadget.com/2012/08/04/verizon-samsung-galaxy-s3-wireless-charging-kit/

sholokov

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
There is news of Microsoft HIGH END phone coming out. Something on the lines of Surface Phone? It supposedly has bigger surprises than the 920.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Wireless charging: Kits are available that will make many phones wireless chargeable.
Super sensitive touch: Try using a spoon or metal object on a Samsung Focus. It works.
No Blurry scrolling: when was the last time you tried to read when your screen was scrolling.

Edit: Verizon-branded Galaxy S III wireless charging kit starts showing up at retail stores - Engadget

Cumbersome at best. Inconsistently all around. And my Focus does NOT work through gloves without the 'tech' part in the finger tip.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

Thats what I said, in order to take over iPhone you need the marketing instinct which neither Nokia nor Microsoft has. So its not possible to take over iPhone. Apple has Gigantic Marketing Engine, which makes customers believe, that they can't live without their product.

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site

Edit: Verizon-branded Galaxy S III wireless charging kit starts showing up at retail stores - Engadget
Wireless charging kits: If the device is closed unibody, you're screwed. No kit for you. Maybe a some sort of USB-plugging kit, but that's not very convenient.

No blurry scrolling: There's also movies and games that will benefit from fast-refreshing screen.

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
the 920 will have curved glass as well, just like the n9. thats a thing of beauty, missed on the 900.
the pureview OIS camera is alone worth having the phone. 28nm silicon. i m in.
though the multitasking scares me, especially as an n9 user.

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
kit! who wants a damn kit. wow buy the lumia 820 if you want a kit.
if its not the best screen you want, what about the second best camera, to a symbian phone.

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
anyone who mentions SG III in this thread should go and check one out. its build is not in the same class as an iphone or lumia. all it has are specs.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Really? It looks well made in the pictures. You are probably right though.

It's not that the SGS3 would be badly built, it's just that Nokia's in general are much better built. I guess same can be said for iPhone, but Apple keeps showing how a good build doesnt get you far if the materials used are wrong :D

People often throw around "plastic phone" things, both for Lumias and SGS3 but they are totally different kind of plastic. Sort of like a plastic bag and a Glock-frame are both "plastic", but one will go to **** and back with no problems and the other one doesnt give any protection whatsoever. The polycarbonate of N9/Lumia is really strong, while fe. the plastic back cover of SGS3 and many other 130g Android's is very thin and flimsy plastic.

Sure, it has its returns in weight, if thats an important value for someone.

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
That raises another question. Do you feel people will choose Nokia over others even if others come up with a better phone? Do you think Nokia has already won this game? :straight:

I'm likely going to switch from Android to WP8 and won't touch anything other than a Nokia. To be honest, I'd just like to own another Nokia having used a bunch of other brands who have disappointed recently (looking at you, Motorola). Their build quality is top notch, they have nice designs and they actually seek to raise the game with innovative new features while often the other OEMs, especially in Android devices, are satisfied with slapping together the best available specs in a plastic shell and call it the most amazing device ever made.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb