Do you think there is another phone better than Lumia 920?

gpatrick15

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
my problem was that I liked to personalise every single aspect even down to individual ringtones for my contacts, it really was a 2 day task :(
Sad I know, but in a strange way I sort of enjoyed it and got a real kick once I knew it was set up.
WP8 will be an interesting experiment for me, a bland generic experience or so it will seem, but Im willing to live with that for the shared ecosystem experience which has piqued my interest too.

Oh certainly, I understand exactly where you're coming from. It can get time consuming, but the fact that those options are there anyway gives android the edge to me. I went through a similar situation when the iPhone 4 came out. I got it on AT&T and was generally happy with it. Then I started playing with my old Nexus One and realized that the overall lack of customization, on top of the shoddy notification system, left me wanting Android again. If I get an WP8 device, even just to familiarize myself with the OS and tinker with, I don't want to have that feeling I had with the iPhone again. The good thing about WP8, from what I can tell, is that it still offers a fair amount of options on top of its simple, aesthetically pleasing UI.

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
The only other phone currently lures me a bit is Samsung Galaxy Note II. That's *only* because it has a 5.5" screen with stylus.

I'm longing for being able to take notes using my iPad, but even a genius like Steve Jobs failed me by not giving it a true hand writing capability. Fingers or those capacitive stylus pens (I tried literally a dozen of them) are simply atrocious for real hand writing. I heard that the stylus writes very well on Galaxy Note I/II. Frankly, if Note II is a WP8 phone I'll probably buy it instead of 920 just for that stylus feature plus a bigger screen.

Other than that, 920 sounds to me like a WP8 phone as good as it gets. I'll be ecstatic if I can use a regular pen or anything with a fine tip to do real handwriting on its super-sensitive touch screen.

Yes, I made the mistake of reading/watching the Engadget and Verge reviews of the Note II. I'm still leaning heavily towards the 920, but I look forward to playing with a Note II at the AT&T store. With the improvement in handwriting recognition, it sounds like the Note II could be a true successor to all those old Palm PDAs I used and loved so long ago.

Sent from my The New iPad using Tapatalk

sholokov

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I made the mistake of reading/watching the Engadget and Verge reviews of the Note II. I'm still leaning heavily towards the 920, but I look forward to playing with a Note II at the AT&T store. With the improvement in handwriting recognition, it sounds like the Note II could be a true successor to all those old Palm PDAs I used and loved so long ago.

Sent from my The New iPad using Tapatalk
I actually like Note II quite a bit. Luckily, my wife is going to get one. So I can get 920 knowing that I will be able to play around with my wife's Note II as well.

Yang_H

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I actually like Note II quite a bit. Luckily, my wife is going to get one. So I can get 920 knowing that I will be able to play around with my wife's Note II as well.

Hey, please let us know how you like the hand writing on Note 2, especially comparing to the iPad. I have a five years old Tablet PC and its stylus writes very well - very very close to real pen on paper. The pity is that in these days carrying a tablet PC around for taking notes isn't very practical. iPad would be perfect, but those capacitive styluses are all terrible.

Cellus13

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah there is a better phone

A better phone then the Lumia 920 would be a 64 GB model of the Lumia 920.

Well we can dream can't we?

tom rar

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Ya,i have nokia N8. N8 have SD slot.and the camera quality is very :)excellent and battery backup is long. I think nokia N8 is better then nokia lumia.

sholokov

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Ya,i have nokia N8. N8 have SD slot.and the camera quality is very :)excellent and battery backup is long. I think nokia N8 is better then nokia lumia.
I am not sure how a phone with a 15 year old laggy operating system, non PureView camera with no optical stability, no NFC (I believe), etc is better. Do you mind explaining?

proudtobe_bb

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Personal preference. I have a Lumia 900 so I already dont have an SD card slot so wont miss that but will get more storage. The screen will be bigger and higher resolution, battery will be bigger, camera better, wireless charging, blur free screen. For me these features are superior to an even bigger screen, SD card slot and bigger/removable battery and enough to make me choose the 920. For others these same features would make another phone better and they will choose that. It will all come down to personal preference.
the Nokia Lumia 920 is such a fantastic upgrade from the 900 when looked into, you hit all the main points on the head

proudtobe_bb

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I think they did won the war already. Right now I might go with a 820, I might change my ming but there is some advantages that the 820 has over the 920 (SD card, removable battery). I think the Activ-S has those advantages as well but I love what Nokia is doing and all the exclusive app might win me over in not considering a HTC or Samsung phone (I currently own a Focus)
Your right about Nokia's effort behind Windows Phone, and it is paying off I would say because for me, and possibly others, it would be difficult to purchase another Windows Phone brand other than Nokia knowing that Nokia are bringing great exclusive apps to the marketplace very frequently and that they actually try very hard, where as say Samsung havent tried one bit, but will probably still sell as many phones...:confused: a shame i think..but hopefully their approach will pay off

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I think they are breaking there own arm by giving 6 months to at&t only, I am on verizon and not going to wait. Nokia you can keep your 920 .....

Cellus13

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I think they are breaking there own arm by giving 6 months to at&t only, I am on verizon and not going to wait. Nokia you can keep your 920 .....

Well i'll take your Lumia 920 then, because i'll surely wait. I won't settle for nothing less. The htc 8x for me is very less. I'd actually rather take the samsung ativ then that.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
The HTC 8X is quite literally a Made in Taiwan version of the Lumia 920. You can go with a cheap imitation device, or you can choose the real thing.

sholokov

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
May I remind you...this thread says "Do you think there is another phone better than Lumia 920?". We are trying to see if we have a better option than a L920 this fall. Decisions taken by Nokia as company has nothing to do with this discussion.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I, for one, don't - which is why I'm really leaning toward getting an unlocked yellow 920 at some point. I'm on T-Mobile, so if I get it before the refarming is done, I'll have to deal with EDGE speeds when using my data, though I already do that with my iPhone 4. Of course, I'm on Wi-Fi probably 95% of the time anyway, though, because I work from home. This phone just seems too amazing to pass up.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Do we actually know at this time what phones Verizon's going to have? I think not! A Nokia 822 would be a good choice for me only because of the size but I don't see that happening anytime soon with Verizon because Nokia is in bed with AT&T for 6 months. So for now i will be waiting on Verizon to make there decision.

gpatrick15

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I feel like if you decide to go with Windows Phone, go with the flagship. Just like I will only buy Nexus with Android because of the close collaboration with Google and the hardware manufacturer, the same should be done for Windows Phone. The 8X and 8S look great and likely perform admirably, but Nokia has that tight knit relationship (for now) with Microsoft that allows Nokia to be the standard bearer.

anon(157335)

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

Smg-Uk

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
The HTC 8X is quite literally a Made in Taiwan version of the Lumia 920. You can go with a cheap imitation device, or you can choose the real thing.

Ha what a retarded comment. the 8X has advantages over the 920 and vice versa infact the 8X for me personally has more advantages than the Lumia.

And having owned both HTC & Nokia WP's before i can say my HTC Mozart was better in many areas than the supposedly better Lumia 800 i ended up with after that.

sholokov

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Ha what a retarded comment. the 8X has advantages over the 920 and vice versa infact the 8X for me personally has more advantages than the Lumia.

And having owned both HTC & Nokia WP's before i can say my HTC Mozart was better in many areas than the supposedly better Lumia 800 i ended up with after that.
Do you want to elaborate on your L920 and 8x comparison?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999