What was your biggest letdown in Lumia 920. Did you want a certain feature?

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
The only let down I have so far is it just looks so big. Until I get it into my hands it hard to say how much that will matter but still right now it looks massive.

mmacleodbrown

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Size is OK, weight in pocket might be an issue, will see when I go to the shop.
What Id like to see is the ability to sync the phone to the PC using the wireless charging cradle if it is connected to a PC

poxme

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Would love to have a glossy black. Pretty sure it'll be hard to distinguish the screen and the case.

Sent from my Radar C110e using Board Express

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I love the weight. I have a 130g phone at the moment and I frquently have those freakout moments when I check to make sure I have my phone.

My biggest letdown is and will always be the lack of a Cyan phone on launch if it turns out that way.

khunhorm

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
The ability to record the phone conversation without turning the speaker on. I know this is illegal in some states in the US but we are talking about worldwide market here. The lack of this function is forgiveable for Android and iOS because they never have this function since their inception. But both Nokia and Microsoft have this function for years before the WP 7.

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Given that we can use wireless chargers and sync wirelessly I would love to have a "plug" of some kind to blind off the USB port.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
As others have said, the only negative I see is size. It looks ginormous. I wonder if the thing will even fit in my back pocket.
Im still very willing to set that aside and get one. Looks like too great of a phone to pass up, even if it looks like a mini-tablet in size.

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I didn't like about the Lumia 920 was the colors. High gloss is the biggest turn off ever in consumer electronics. I really wanted to have a fun color and can't now.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
It's bigger and heavier than the 900.

All I wanted was dual core, 1 GB RAM, 16+ GB memory and a 720p or better screen in a slightly smaller and lighter Lumia 900-like design.

Even the same size/weight would have been acceptable. But bigger and heavier? No thanks. :mad:

ace182

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Surprise. It has 4.0 bluetooth. And I don't think anyone does voice over LTE.

Where did you get that its has 4.0? On Nokias website under the specs for the 920 it list it as Bluetooth 3.1. I heard a rumor somewhere about 4.0 and it would make sense that it would have it but just trying to get a clear source is all.

THanks

EvanKr

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Lack of Micro SD, glossy plastic, no cyan, not a fan of certain design elements and chunky weight/size, no notification light, and most importantly for me, no AWS 1700MHz support for T-Mo, WIND, Mobilicity or the other AWS carriers.

Don't get me wrong, the Pureview is really nice and I absolutely LOVE the wireless charging as I'm coming over from webOS, but the disadvantages outweight the advantages for me.

I really want to love the Lumia, but right now I don't know if I can. Who knows though, if Nokia can fix a few of my issues, it may just be my next phone (assuming that the price isn't too ridiculous).

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't. They said they should have it in like 6 months.

I didn't read the entire article it seems. It launched in Dallas in August, and will be rolled out to the rest of it's LTE network in 4-6 months.

So they would be the first with VoLTE, but their VoLTE isn't nationwide yet.

tomatoes11

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Size and weight. I would have given up any feature besides the screen for it to be lighter and thinner.

If it was lighter and thinner, I would be 100% on board. Now I am about 50/50 if they all come out at once. If one of the high end WP8 phones comes out first, I am not sure I can wait a week or two. haha

Last edited:

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
We just like ticking people like you off...

The product has been "officially" launched. Production is behind but that doesn't mean the features will change.

Chill!!!
Lack of FM Transmitter makes me think about the Lumia 920 as "not that big upgrade" to my N8, which is quite a ridicilous idea lol, but I can't help it. It's a really important feature to me, but I guess I'll get one of those FM transmitter dongles to the car or something..

Would've preferred matte finish, but they still look really great, just a minor thing really for fingerprint-reasons.

I could've lived without the huge 4,5" screen (coming from 3,5" N8 lol), but I'm sure I'll adapt.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro