09-22-2013 07:53 PM
75 123
tools
    Lumia 920 without any doubt
    09-22-2012 04:24 AM
    You dont lose anything media wise, but not sure if Zune software works on macs
    MS has a dedicated connector app to sync and organize your phone. I didn't try it (just going to make the switch from several iPhones to Lumia this fall) but I guess i'll be ok with it. As I understand it the connector is aware of your iTunes, Aperture and iPhoto libraries and also works with my very large Apple Lossless music library.

So if MS got the basics right with a small, lightweight and dedicated app and continues to support the Mac platform I guess I'll be fine. In fact being forced to use iTunes for everything phone-related is a frequent complaint among iPhone users and the WP-approach to this could be sirprisingly refreshing.
    sholokov likes this.
    09-22-2012 05:38 AM
    Lumia 920 pros

Better display (higher resolution, higher ppi, bigger screen, super sensitive, higher refresh rate, higher brightness)
    Better cameras (especially front camera is unmatched)
    NFC
    Wireless charging
    Nokia Maps (better than Google Maps if you are outside the US - not even mentioning Apple Maps)

Draw:
    Industrial design
    Battery life

iPhone 5 pros

Very thin, very light
    App Store
    09-22-2012 02:51 PM
    Lumia 920. Not even going to think twice. I don't care if it is big and heavy because I will have a phone that will top anything out there for a while.
    09-23-2012 11:23 PM
    Every ip5 I have seen in person has the black anodized antenna band marked up and the white ones are dinged. The 920 will be my first WP and I'm looking forward to ditching apple. From a specs view hands down Nokia wins. After seeing the poor quality control in several iPhone models I have owned I'm hoping for something to impress me again.
    09-23-2012 11:50 PM
    Exactly the 800 was perfect size, 920 IS TOO BIG!!!!!!!!
    Anything less than 4.3 inch screen is small and poor in terms of accessibility
    09-24-2012 12:24 AM
    Actually the GS3 is way too big. I saw it in person for the first time today and I thought that's a phablet.
    09-24-2012 03:04 AM
    Anything less than 4.3 inch screen is small and poor in terms of accessibility
    So, I guess with that personal opinion stated as a fact you single-handedly put an end to any discussion concerning screen size. You do realize that preferences may differ?

For instance I prefer being able to operate my phone with one hand which is why, I'd take a high-end 4 inch or less Lumia any day. Seriously, the iPhone's dimensions are perfect...in my opinion.
    09-24-2012 10:15 AM
    yes, once you buy something on itunes you own the rights to it. The files should be usable on W8 and WP8, so no worries there. Zune is great for music and movies.
    I don't think its completely accurate. Even though one owns the rights, the content bought from Apple has DRM enabled which makes it impossible to play the content in Zune. You would have to strip the DRM from the video file. This however doesn't apply to MP3s.
    09-24-2012 10:36 AM
    I have bought my entire music library from iTunes and installed Zune last week and it all plays.
    09-24-2012 10:45 AM
    I have bought my entire music library from iTunes and installed Zune last week and it all plays.
    What about videos? That's what I specifically referring to.
    09-24-2012 10:53 AM
    What about videos? That's what I specifically referring to.
    While we are past DRM with music, Videos still require DRM which is why you won't be able to switch platforms and take those videos with you. This isn't exclusive to iTunes or Apple. In fact I'm pretty sure you would run into the same problems when switching from Microsoft (do they offer videos?) or Amazon to Apple. To my knowledge there is no legal way to get a DRM- free digital movie download of films from the usual major studios. In fact you can thank those hollywood suits for that situation. Video, in contrast to music, still is a DRM-ridden, region-locked bastion of major publishers and I guess that won't change any time soon.
    09-24-2012 12:17 PM
    This may defeat the purpose - but why not just buy an iPod? Keeps you tied into the Apple Ecosystem - so you can at least watch the movies/shows you've already downloaded, but allows you to switch a bit more smoothly to WP8...
    09-24-2012 12:43 PM
    Hmm...tough decision. iPhone5 is a fine phone (Maps not withstanding). Lets start with that because obviously on a WP forum, you will get biased views. And if you want to watch movies with your kids, etc...I would think its just easier to stay in the iOS world. But I do believe the hardware and software specs on the 920 are superior. For you, it probably makes sense to go with iPhone 5 for now and consider switching to WP in another year or two. Lets face it, WP right now is still for early adopters....That will change rapidly though in the next year.
    09-24-2012 12:54 PM
    If you get a iphone5 , DONT GET A BLACK ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

read the link

Metal Back(ache): Early Adopters Say Aluminum On iPhone 5 Scratches | The iPhone 5 News Blog

"new users reporting that the metal scratches and dings easily,"
    09-24-2012 01:06 PM
    How many users reported this out of the sold devices? 100, 200, 500, 1,000,000?
    09-24-2012 01:33 PM
    You should go ask here, it's more of your type of place:

http://forums.imore.com/
    09-24-2012 03:20 PM
    You should stop replying if you don't have a clue to the answer boy.

09-24-2012 03:24 PM

Just look at the Iphone 5 Forum and the first 5 post were people complain about it been slow or a rattle sound.
    09-24-2012 03:30 PM
    I seen photos of some with a HOLE at the top and light shines through it when in the dark. WTF. Sloppy manufacturing.

Now that's funny.
    09-24-2012 04:34 PM
    The iPhone 5 is not build well, numerous reports of ratling, light bleed, scratches out of the box or easy scratches on the back etc. I know Nokia has a good reputation so i will definitly go for the 920.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk
    09-24-2012 05:05 PM
    I pre-ordered an iphone 5 on verizon (Switched carriers from Sprint in the process).... I have had the 16GB white iPhone 5 for myself a week now to play. I am not all that impressed.

I got a black 16GB for the wife. She's indifferent. Reminds her of the Palm Pre. Matter of fact, her quote was, "Oh, it has screens of icons like my little pre".

I gave up on my HTC Arrive for the carrier switch. SPrint just had gotten bad here. So the carrier switch was the MAIN thing for us. Secondary was devices. Of course, the only choice was iphone or Droid.... with that said....

I miss my WP.

I really think I will be getting a WP8 on Verizon launch and selling off my iphone 5 to pay for it since I'll most likey have to pat full price.
    09-28-2012 02:45 PM
    I currently have an iPhone 4S (and have also owned the 4 and 3gs) so it would just be easier for me to get the 5, but nothing about that phone excites me. It just seems "okay" and thats it. The Nokia 920--wow! It looks awesome! I just don't know if I can lug around a phone that big. I had the 900 briefly. Loved the UI but hated the camera so I returned it. I though that phone was a little too big, and I believe the 920 is even bigger. Right? I'll just have to wait and see one when they come out. I think for the most part, unless I stick with the iPhone, I'm going to end up with a bigger phone one way or the other. Thats the trend now so until they start going the other way I'll just have to suck it up. I'm just glad my upgrade isn't until November so I'm not tempted by the iPhone 5 hype when the Lumia 920 is just around the corner. I'm sure there are a ton more of apps available now than when I had the 900 too, so that shouldn't be an issue. I don't care if I have to re-buy apps on a new platform. I just wish the darn thing would come out so I can get my hands on a demo!
    09-29-2012 06:52 PM
    The iPhone 5 is tempting because of the 4" screen. I hate how manufacturers are going larger and larger and leaving their middle tier phones to a smaller screen. I want a 4" screen with high PPI (no pentile) and all the same features as the 920. I can't be the only one that wants a 4" screen on a phone???
    I wouldn't call that a true 4 inch screen though. In portrait mode it is exactly the same as the 4s except you see more at the top and it is harder to use with one hand. In landscape it is vertically challenged.

So I would say that it is more like a 3.7 inch screen which is ironically the same size as the Lumia 800.

The 820 and 8s are the closest to what you want but they are both low res. Still better than the iphone 5 though with that disgrace of a deformed screen no matter how sharp it is.
    10-02-2012 09:31 PM
    No one knows for sure. Let's just say enough for the media to make a big deal about it and the fact that almost every single review unit having the dent and flaking issue is quite a strong indicator that it is at least somewhat widespread.

Also my friend who brought his 4s in for an issue saw someone go through brand new ones before finding one without a scuff. Anecdotal evidence for sure but enough reports like these to indicate that there is substance to the reports.
    10-02-2012 09:37 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD