iPhone 5 or Lumia 920?

litchblade#IM

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Going from Apple to Nokia...

So, what about doing the switch (which I plan to do actually). How do I get my contacts from my iPhone to the Nokia? Any idea guys? :) I really don't wanna manually add all the contacts... :(

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
So, what about doing the switch (which I plan to do actually). How do I get my contacts from my iPhone to the Nokia? Any idea guys? :) I really don't wanna manually add all the contacts... :(

Sync your contacts to an email account. As soon as you add that account it'll sync them automatically. It will also pull your fb friends if you add that account.

ozziegt

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I had to do this for someone who just went iPhone->Galaxy s3. I ended up exporting the contacts from iCloud, and then importing them into a google mail account. Windows live might have an easier solution...don't know. That bluetooth transfer method mentioned above looks pretty sweet.

Moses 2

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Let me state right up front: I'm much more excited about WP8 and Lumia than the iPhone 5. I wish I could switch away from my sequence of iPhones. The problem is that I'm smothered into the Apple ecosystem (which is exactly Apple's game plan, of course). Movies and music, for one. All the movies I already bought through iTunes. It's not even clear to me how to buy movies on a Windows Phone. And then there is integration with iPad and Mac. Does Windows Phone integrate well enough with Mac (example: the windows phone help page say you have to buy movies on a PC and transfer to the phone. No mention about buying movies directly on the phone or on a Mac). And there is iMessage.

A have a few hours to decide if I should pre-order the Iphone 5, or wait for the Lumina, and I'm torn.
Does this one help?

Welcome Home to Windows Phone

Ebaneeezor

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, that looks easy. How much is the app then?

if your talking to me, the Nokia contacts transfer app is free. There is even a website you can use that takes all data from your current phone and transfers it to your new Nokia, then takes all your current apps and finds new WP apps, I forget the name of the site, but it was posted here on wpcentral

litchblade#IM

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
if your talking to me, the Nokia contacts transfer app is free. There is even a website you can use that takes all data from your current phone and transfers it to your new Nokia, then takes all your current apps and finds new WP apps, I forget the name of the site, but it was posted here on wpcentral
Ebaneeezor: Is it a nokia website? I'll try the software first, thanks for your help :)

Andershm

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I just wanted to follow up on this old thread, since I started it.

I think it is clear I decided on the iPhone 5 instead of the Nokia 920 a year ago. But a week ago my iPhone was stolen, and this time I did make the switch: I bought a Nokia 1020. There is just nothing else in the mobile world even approaching the camera on the 1020.

Now I will see how I like Windows Phone compared to iOS. Definitely, I can see Microsoft's problem: for one App I used a lot, the developer says: "due to lack of demand, we decided not to develop a WP8 app." At the moment I mainly see the things missing in WP8 (no week view in calendar!), but as I get familiar with it I think I will start to see the advantages. Definitely, it is a very elegant UI.

thomas wojcik

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
gazelle trade in prices. Iphone 5 $300, lumia 1020 $267, lumia 920 $100. From a pure financial viewpoint, well, the answer is obvious. And yes, i now have a 920 and really like it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb