Lumia 920 has Li-Po battery

chfhyh

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Compare to traditional Li-ion, Li-Po is lighter and more durable

Thought those who worried about long term battery life might be interested to know. I attached a picture for evidence.

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
So is this a good thing?

LiPo batteries can be recharged many many MANY times more than the traditional batteries before they start losing their capacity.

In practice this means that the current Lumia line won't be losing their battery capacity over time.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
LiPo batteries can be recharged many many MANY times more than the traditional batteries before they start losing their capacity.

In practice this means that the current Lumia line won't be losing their battery capacity over time.
This is actually wrong. LiPo actually have lower energy density and decreased cycle count compared to lithium-ion. I've been heavy into electric rc and battery science for ages. It's one of the few things I'm good at. lol.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Indeed there are. They don't require a hard case so they can be shaped a bit more and can be a bit lighter. Also, in a cell I would think the differences would be little as far as recharging goes.

So with the lower energy density, a 2000mAh LiPo battery would be physically larger than a 2000mAh Li-ion battery?

Is it a significant difference?

MAERSK

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
So it seems that the advantages are mainly weight and form factor but in terms of battery life they're the same? Big woop ; ; I was hoping for something better :dry

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel