Unlocking a Lumia 920

TheAsbo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I would really like a Lumia 920, but I'm on T-Mobile. If I were to buy a cheap AT&T-locked 920, is it easy to unlock it? I saw a video where you send your phone's serial number to a website and they send back an unlock code to you if you put in a different SIM card.
It looks like the locked phones are cheaper than the unlocked versions.

Has anyone tried this sort of thing before? Is it really as simple as it seems? Are there any downsides to doing this?

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have with two phones. A HTC phone and a Samsung phone. You send in the IMEI number and they send you a unlock code. It worked both times for me. I've had friends also use it, and it worked. Most of the time its money back guarantee. Not sure if you'll be stuck with edge speeds or not since Tmobile got some of AT&Ts spectrum. I only had edge, but I'm normally around WiFi.

TheAsbo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I have with two phones. A HTC phone and a Samsung phone. You send in the IMEI number and they send you a unlock code. It worked both times for me. I've had friends also use it, and it worked. Most of the time its money back guarantee. Not sure if you'll be stuck with edge speeds or not since Tmobile got some of AT&Ts spectrum. I only had edge, but I'm normally around WiFi.
So internet speeds could be a problem huh? I wonder if it would work on T-Mobile's LTE network once it's rolled out next year.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
You'll get edge for sure. And Tmobile got some of AT&Ts 3G spectrum after the failed buyout. But I'm not sure if that's up yet. Also, I know nothing about the LTE specs to say if it would work or not, I don't want to give you misinformation.

Zumanity

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have any specifics as to why Nokia did not add it's high end Lumia 900 to T-Mobile? I'm hoping they add the Lumia 920 but it does not look like it.

TheAsbo

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I wish I knew as well. I assume the 920 is exclusive to AT&T because AT&T pays for ad campaigns and such... maybe.

kiddori

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Does AT&T sell phones for full price to non-customers? I'm on T-Mobile as well and want the Lumia 920. I'm a Windows Phone developer ($99/year) which allows me to unlock 2 phones. :)

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Does anyone have any specifics as to why Nokia did not add it's high end Lumia 900 to T-Mobile? I'm hoping they add the Lumia 920 but it does not look like it.

Simple TMo does not want pony up $$$$ that Nokia was wanting ATT was. If its locked to ATT they wont unlock during the exclusivity term.Thats what theyve done with the 900 not likely to change with the 920!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa