Verizon?!?!??!?!

C

corn13read

Where is my news on Lumia 920 on verizon?

I really hate the thought of switching to ATT :( Their service where I live sucks.

mtsmedly

May 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a sneaking suspicion that Verizon is going to offer the HTC 8X as the headlining Windows 8 phone for their network and then position the Lumia 822 as the mid-range offering and close it out with some low-end Samsung device.

I think Verizon wants to offer a strong 3rd contender in their stores, but they are still wary of throwing their full support behind Windows Phone 8. My guess is that they are still in bed with RIM and they don't want to piss them off by carrying the iPhone 5, GS3 and Lumia 920 and then expect the Blackberry 10 device to somehow win people over.

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm really hoping that the 920 comes to Verizon as that is my first choice when it comes to a WP8 device. If it doesn't, I'll still have to consider the 820 alongside the 8x to see which I end up buying.

C

corn13read

I swear if they screw me over and only get the 820 I'm switching to ATT. I'll deal with shotty service.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Everything is pointing to no 920 on Verizon at launch. I'm not due for an upgrade until May and there is a chance of a 920 by then. The 8x will most likely be the top phone at launch.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

Frenzytom

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping for any Nokia on VZW. At this point announcing anything WP8 with a solid release date would be awesome. Frankly just knowing the feature set of WP8 would suffice. We are patient but don't make us wait forever. Oct - Nov can't come soon enough.

EggoEspada

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
It's quite disappointing that they're may not be a 920 on Verizon, and its just a variant of the 820. I'd probably end up with a 8X. Really wanted Nokia's flagship though

Sent from my SCH-I535

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Being that I'm not going to lose my unlimited data, I would have to save up to buy a phone off contract. Thus, if the 920 won't arrive this year, I'll be perfectly fine with that. However, if it doesn't land by the end of Q1 2013 (I hope it does) then it's a toss up between the 8X and 820/22.

Last edited:

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Maybe ???

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Leak...redible-X-LG-Spectrum-2-and-many-more_id34726

From the post

In addition, Verizon will be giving Windows Phone another shot by launching three WP8 smartphones. The Samsung ATIV S, the Nokia Lumia 920, and the HTC Windows Phone 8X are all listed on the leaked roadmap, with November penciled as a potential release time frame.

I posted this as a tip today, could be just rumor..

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Liking what i'm hearing, but just one thing. Why would Lumia 820 not be there?
Sounds a bit odd after we saw that leak from Engadget about Lumia 822.

Wont be holding my breath about this one.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

I agree, I remember seeing that Verizon leak that had the 822. Still really hoping this is true though.

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

Well, they didn't report the 8s either. Perahpas the point was to indicate the flagship phones for each company? Either way, I too have reservations, but at least there is something to hang on to.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital