Samsung be overly quiet

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Maybe that's how it works in Scotland, but here in the states, it's not so simple. Buying unlocked is an expensive path to take, and most people don't bother. I'm a tech guy, and I won't even bother.

Is it AT&T's fault that they wouldn't release the updates? Yeah, partly... but where was HTC pushing them for it? AT&T was perfectly willing to release it for Nokia and Samsung, so why not HTC?

Also, I've manually downloaded and installed all the Windows Phone updates available, but I don't have that option for the HTC radio firmware, so I'm still stuck with all the buggy Wi-Fi and audio/video glitches it has.

Don't get me wrong, I mostly like the Titan, but I've been buying HTC for 7 years now, and it's not just the Titan that has had bad support. Every HTC I've had is buggy and slow to get updates (if it gets any at all). The EVO on Sprint was particularly bad about the updates causing more problems than they fixed.

In other words, it's my last HTC for a while... and I'm not saying it's just their fault, but they aren't doing much to help their own cause either.

Well, they had no problem getting the trophy updated on Verizon. I call bs. I left at&t years ago because their support sucked. Fast forward and nothings changed.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I spoke to HTC tech support and they said that using your phone while it was charging is considered user abuse. USER ABUSE! Ridiculous!

Any use while it's charging. Like talking, surfing, etc...

You can't blame that on AT&T.

tomatoes11

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Don't worry. They will market it at their Samsung stores along with the rest of their Ativ line.

Most likely after the Note 2 October launch though and don't expect anything to the level of the GS3 marketing.

They only have so much money you know and they didn't market the Galaxy series that much until the 3rd iteration. This is their first shot at it. Give it some time.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I honestly don't think Samsung cares about it's Windows Phone.

This.

They are being overly quiet because they are too busy pumping out cheap plasticky Androids 10 million at a time and feverishly fighting off Apple lawsuits.

I think Windows Phone is more like a hobby for them, just something they are still playing around with to see if it takes off.

Still, the ATIV looks very nice. I appreciate them attempting a serious effort there.

I'm sure all the fanboys will clamor for an Android version of it though and any exclusivity of that design will be lost.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
no idea why people keep saying samsung didn't bother with WP... personally I seen more focus commericals for WP7 then any of the others

tomatoes11

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
no idea why people keep saying samsung didn't bother with WP... personally I seen more focus commericals for WP7 then any of the others

Haters going to hate pretty much sums it up.

I am hater too, but I just hate people who need the phone to be a brick before they associate it as premium. I also hate people that associate screen size with actual size when the actual dimensions are listed there for them in plain sight.

Anyways, back to the original point, people hate Samsung because they fail to see that in terms of actual build quality such as gap control, packing in a lot of tech into a nice compact and solid body etc, they excel. Main reason why most people buy their manufacturing services actually. Too bad the Windows population can't see past the efficient use of plastic to appreciate them.

Kredrian

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I think that Samsung definitely cares about windows phone, I'm sure they wanna make money. And so far they have released what 4 windows phones making the ATIV S their 5th. Sounds like a decent level of commitment to me. Yes their GS 3 chassie may seeem easy but they gave it a nice metalic and polished look unlike its shiny plastic android twin.

I think the ATIV is nice, hopefully when the OS is released they reveal more features of this device.

I am beginning to lean towards the Ativ S actually the more I think about it. As nice as the L920 might be, most of its killer features (Wireless charging, Super duper Camera), are not something I am concerned about, but a more slender device, with a larger display, and MicroSD is something I think I could use. Yes, its essentially a GS3 with WP put on it, but I don't see how thats really a bad thing, i think its a super good looking device, my Focus S was a good device as well.

Kredrian

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Haters going to hate pretty much sums it up.

I am hater too, but I just hate people who need the phone to be a brick before they associate it as premium. I also hate people that associate screen size with actual size when the actual dimensions are listed there for them in plain sight.

Anyways, back to the original point, people hate Samsung because they fail to see that in terms of actual build quality such as gap control, packing in a lot of tech into a nice compact and solid body etc, they excel. Main reason why most people buy their manufacturing services actually. Too bad the Windows population can't see past the efficient use of plastic to appreciate them.

Agreed, a lot of people see plastic and just assume cheap. Which is odd when you consider most everything we purchase is made of plastic, but I digress. I think the Ativ is slick looking, and I think a combo buy with the Ativ S and the Ativ Tab would be a killer combination.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I am beginning to lean towards the Ativ S actually the more I think about it. As nice as the L920 might be, most of its killer features (Wireless charging, Super duper Camera), are not something I am concerned about, but a more slender device, with a larger display, and MicroSD is something I think I could use. Yes, its essentially a GS3 with WP put on it, but I don't see how thats really a bad thing, i think its a super good looking device, my Focus S was a good device as well.

Of course. There are people who perfer light phones. Like you mate. You go ahead and Enjoy your future ativ s and ativ tab:D

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Well it depends. It'd the plastic is resistible on the ground. Then wouldn' that mean the 8X and 920 are plastic then. But not cheap though. But the ativ does stand drops

I've only had one Sammy and that was the epic 4g. I dropped the **** out of it and it was never worse for wear, and that was a slider. They may feel cheap but are far from it. The lightness of the phone itself probably helped. Less weight on impact. Drop a full can of pop and then an empty one to see what I mean.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb