Performing a soft reset?

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
OK Lumia fans. How does one go about performing a soft reset on a phone such as this with no removable battery? It doesn't happen to me often, but every few months or so, I will have an issue where the phone just locks up and I have to do a soft reset by removing the battery for a short time and rebooting.

Other than the lack of expandable memory, the lack of a removable batter is one of the things turning me off on the Lumia 920 at the moment. If I can be convinced that there is an easy and reliable method of doing a soft reset on this phone, it would go a long way towards mitigating one of my major concerns about the design.

Best regards,

Jason

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Coming from Android it seems like.
Never understood the fear of non removable battery myself, i can of course understand if one wants to change the battery himself, but for reset reasons.

Not heard of what the soft reset method will be on WP8, but on WP7 it's "press and hold the Volume Down, Power and Camera buttons at the same time".
It will probably be the same or very similar on WP8 as MS dictates it to be same on all manufacturers.

Personally hacked many of my closed back MP3 players (Zune HD, ipod touch, cowon) and on phones (iPhone 4S, E7) and the button combination soft reset always works.

Never had to soft reset iPhone or Windows Phone device because of normal use. Both of those OS's haven't got cluttered and slowed down in use like so many other mobile OS's.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Be carefully with that key combination, or you might perform a "hard reset", returning tour phone to factory default.

On my L900, pressing and holding the power button for 10+ seconds, will unfreeze the phone and and soft reset it. Basically the same as a battery pull. Have only had to do this once (plugging/unplugging headphones while music was playing confused my L900) but it worked as advertised.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! Yes, I would be coming from Android. I am glad to know that there is a reliable option for soft resetting a Nokia device with no removable battery.

Regards,

Jason

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre