Nokia Lumia 920 vs Iphone 5

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Lookiety look!!!

The arrow pointing to more icons/apps...
2:35 to be precise!!!

Woot!

Sent from my XT910 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Side-by-side it doesn't look that thick to me. In fact, I'm more surprised at how thick the iPhone 5 is despite Apple's claims.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey, Figure 8, ole' buddy, I thought exactly the same thing! The 920 doesn't look all that thicker at all, compared to the iPhone 5. :)

I have a feeling these additional 'grams' are also going to be hardly noticeable... not that I paid attention to those complaining about lifting 185 grams. :D

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it really doesn't look as though the iPhone 5 is that much thinner than the Lumia. Maybe by 2mm at most. Maybe it's the curved back being deceptive, or maybe it just isn't the big deal people want to make it into, but the Lumia looked great by comparison.

Actually, watching it again, it seems like it's not much wider either... just taller for the bigger screen size, and he specifically mentions that it doesn't feel heavier too. I would suspect that's a better weight distribution/balance.

Last edited:

lancguy

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Damn, iOS look so old and dated..
I was never an iSheep but man, does iOS seem like windows 3.1? The iPhone was revolutionary for cell phones, but it really hasn't changed since it was released. Still the same three screens, with folders and static icons. Even android seems like windows 3.1 - static icons....I'm really looking forward to moving to wp.

rognot

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I was always a fan of iPhone till the #4S and the first promotion of wp8. iPhone 5 did not really show up with something new. Looks like tehy are sucked out. WP8 has much more potential with its platform (W8).
I want to keep it simple. I have a 5 person household and to keep running one system (pc, tablets, phones etc) seems to me easier than two or three.

Posted from My Mobile App

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
Hey, Figure 8, ole' buddy, I thought exactly the same thing! The 920 doesn't look all that thicker at all, compared to the iPhone 5. :)

I have a feeling these additional 'grams' are also going to be hardly noticeable... not that I paid attention to those complaining about lifting 185 grams. :D

I decided to take a look at the dimensions since you are right it doesn't look like much.
Lumia 920 is 10.7 mm thick, while the iPhone 5 is 7.6 mm thick. That is 3.1 mm, which is .122" so just a little over a 1/10 of an inch in difference in thickness. No one will notice that I figure.

Now the weight might be noticeably heavier. There is a difference of 2.57 ounces. Basically about the weight of 28 pennies. So you might notice that difference, but when you look at all the extra technology packed into the 920 you can understand that difference.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
There are people on this forum, 2 mainly, who are determined to convince everyone that the 920 is gigantic: way too big, way too think, way too heavy. Why they are doing it I'll never know; at least one of them seems to be a very rational poster otherwise.

Personally, until I've held the devices I won't make a judgement on size specs vs. real world feel, but the only area that the 920 seems to be significantly "bigger" would be weight. It's not much, and the balance of the device is what determines it's comfort level to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3