Tired of waiting.. can we get an announcement please?!

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have any idea when they might at least let us know when these phones will be available and for which carriers?

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft, Nokia, HTC, Samsung and all the carriers have a plan in place for announcing this information.

They are not going to change that, because a couple of people are whinging on the internet.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft, Nokia, HTC, Samsung and all the carriers have a plan in place for announcing this information.

They are not going to change that, because a couple of people are whinging on the internet.

HTC announced yesterday they are coming to AT&T in November. Availabilities in Europe have been and are still being announced. Not sure what you are talking about, but it seems the North American market is the one being held up.

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

How much are these companies paying you?

And it's whining

mmacleodbrown

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
There are inconsistencies though, Germany and Italy have announced pricing with vague release dates, and UK have announced nothing apart from the 920 will be an EE exclusive, again with no dates and no pricing.
I dont mind when it is released, but Im waiting with my cash and all I want to do is pre-order so I can sit back and just wait for the phone to arrive...

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
How much are these companies paying you?

Nothing.

I wish all the people leaking this stuff, and starting rumours would STFU, and allow Microsoft to do it properly.

I want a HUGE Apple-esque announcement in 2 weeks time, with every single thing (features, prices, availability, etc) in one announcement, and to be told the phones are available in 2 days time like Apple does.

Its obvious Microsoft are aiming to do this, but as with every announcement, every website wants to get there first. I dont want all this info, only to be told its a month or more away.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I have a feeling Verizon /Nokia are holding things up. I think the 920 will end up on Verizon immediately but they will only get red, which will be a Verizon exclusive.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
There are inconsistencies though, Germany and Italy have announced pricing with vague release dates, and UK have announced nothing apart from the 920 will be an EE exclusive, again with no dates and no pricing.
I dont mind when it is released, but Im waiting with my cash and all I want to do is pre-order so I can sit back and just wait for the phone to arrive...

Consider yourself lucky..

I'm from Finland and we havn't head a SINGLE thing about the phone yet. All other nordic countries have had their availability and pricing "announced" (even if vague'ish), but Finland hasnt been told a single thing. The lamest thing here is that Nokia is finnish and still keeps "their own people" in the dark, I wonder if we'll even get ours in the "november batch" with other nordic countries.

Would be a nice surprise to get em first, but I doubt it. Hasn't been the case after the N8.. I picked my N8 up 2 hours after the first shipment left the factory, was amongst the first people in the world to have a commercial N8.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
At this point I just have to have a chuckle when I read posts from people pulling out their hair just because there is no announcement over pricing, release dates and all the rest. You're not going to die if you don't have the latest gadget!

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
At this point I just have to have a chuckle when I read posts from people pulling out their hair just because there is no announcement over pricing, release dates and all the rest. You're not going to die if you don't have the latest gadget!

Shhhh, you might talk some sense into people, leaving us without this entertainment.

mmacleodbrown

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

True, but Im still going to pull my hair out. I sold my SG3, so am using a backup phone that if you had to use, you would be tearing your hair out as well..
Last month was bearable as I didn't have the cash, but this month i have 600 quid sitting in an account waiting to buy a lumia 920 and Im consumed by gadget lust.
Watching HTC announce pricing and availabilty is torture, just want Nokia to do the same..

Sanpd

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Consider yourself lucky..

I'm from Finland and we havn't head a SINGLE thing about the phone yet. All other nordic countries have had their availability and pricing "announced" (even if vague'ish), but Finland hasnt been told a single thing. The lamest thing here is that Nokia is finnish and still keeps "their own people" in the dark, I wonder if we'll even get ours in the "november batch" with other nordic countries.

Would be a nice surprise to get em first, but I doubt it. Hasn't been the case after the N8.. I picked my N8 up 2 hours after the first shipment left the factory, was amongst the first people in the world to have a commercial N8.

Honestly the other Nordic countries haven't heard much them selves, I am from Denmark and We've only been told some Carriers MAY get the phones and the price is very vague and is stated multiple times they are subject to change. As far as the announcement of a "Release" date it is simply stated Fall (Danish "Efter?r") or Q4 2012. The only WP8 Phones "confirmed" to be released in Denmark is Nokia Lumia 920 and 820.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa