Does the 8X have a replaceable battery?

awesumjon

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm really looking forward to the 8X as my future device. I'm using the HD7 right now and 16GB (or 14.7GB as it really is) seems to be doing me ok so far almost 2 years in.

The only things (besides the screen colors lack of saturation) that got me about my HD7 is the really sucky battery life. 6 months or so in the stock battery only lasted me ~10 hours just doing nothing. God forbid I actually used it like a phone or it would be dead in under 3!

So, I replaced it in a hot minute with a 1300 mAh battery and never looked back!

Anyone know if the 8X battery can be replaced? If it can't, how's the battery on irreplaceable batteries from HTC? Can we get an idea from Radar 4G or TITAN II users?

Was this post unnecessarily long? Should I teach a speech class on how to talk to much?

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
No. 8x and 920 are unibody. If you want a flagship with replacable battery go Samsung.

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

EvanKr

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
No, it does not. Currently the only WP8 devices that offer a replacable battery are the 820 and the ATIV S.

Last edited:

awesumjon

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
No, it does not. Currently the only WP8 devices that offer a replacable battery are the 820 and the ATIV S. A simple Google search could've answered this in seconds.

Just wanted to know and keep it here for posterity. I find topics I never thought about when browsing the forums that end up affect my choices.

MadDogFL62

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't blame you for asking. The problem is that a Bing or Google search does not turn up specifics about the 8X directly from HTC.

With both Verizon and T-Mobile going midrange with their Nokia devices (ahem, no 920), the next hot WP8 phone to look at would be the 8X if you are a VZW or T-Mobile customer. I have been trying to find out if the 8X has a gyroscope. Not a listed feature on the HTC Website.

There are also questions in the forum about an LED notification light, etc. If HTC wants to capture this selling opportunity, then need to expose some deeper specs. They also need to put some positive press out there about their camera and photo capabilities. Those reviews on CNET are lackluster.

Thanks again awesumjon and keep the 8X questions coming.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I'm really looking forward to the 8X as my future device. I'm using the HD7 right now and 16GB (or 14.7GB as it really is) seems to be doing me ok so far almost 2 years in.

The only things (besides the screen colors lack of saturation) that got me about my HD7 is the really sucky battery life. 6 months or so in the stock battery only lasted me ~10 hours just doing nothing. God forbid I actually used it like a phone or it would be dead in under 3!

So, I replaced it in a hot minute with a 1300 mAh battery and never looked back!

Anyone know if the 8X battery can be replaced? If it can't, how's the battery on irreplaceable batteries from HTC? Can we get an idea from Radar 4G or TITAN II users?

Was this post unnecessarily long? Should I teach a speech class on how to talk to much?

Technically no but theres a you tube video that shows how to replace a screen on the 900 and you have to open the case for that You get the case open and you can get to the battery to replace it. The 920 should be a similar process I would think.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Nope it does not but with the newer hardware battery life should be better, not to mention the battery is also bigger. By the time battery life begins to sink it should be time to upgrade.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos