Nokia Lumia 920 to be an AT&T exclusive

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Redmond was clearly anticipating Nokia doing something this stupid. Thus the development of their own WP8 hardware.

...we are talking about two countries where Nokia is doing this. UK and USA.

Rest of the globe doesn't even need to even think about these kind of things. Also Lumia 920 will be sold via China Mobile, world largest carrier with 630 billion subs in a world largest smartphone market. HTC does not have any phone via China Mobile and sales wise that actually matters.

So happy i don't ever need to bother with these things or to be locked in some carriers paying horrible data costs.

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Looks like its the HTC 8x or ativ s for me, basically whichever comes out first, hate how damn massive the 8x is for only having a 4.3 inch screen, kinda ridiculous.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I think the 920 will be exclusive, but that doesn't mean that Nokia won't build a 922 or something like that, it is different and then will be on Verizon. It won't be on launch, but it will happen. Calm down, breathe.

twincamfxd

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The Galaxy Nexus was a "Verizon Exclusive" last year and it was only for a few weeks. No worries, the other carriers will have it in no time afterwards.

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Well sconrad, apparently u haven't been waiting for almost 2 years on Verizon to get a decent wp phone, kind of tired of it, so yes people are pretty damn upset when they hear Nokia isn't bringing their top phone to Vzw

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Well sconrad, apparently u haven't been waiting for almost 2 years on Verizon to get a decent wp phone, kind of tired of it, so yes people are pretty damn upset when they hear Nokia isn't bringing their top phone to Vzw

Then blame Verizon and leave. Or don't complain. If you have been waiting 2 years than you should be off contract.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
The Galaxy Nexus was a "Verizon Exclusive" last year and it was only for a few weeks. No worries, the other carriers will have it in no time afterwards.

Had any exclusive Windows Phone in the US made it to the other carriers?

They only one I can think is the HD7 that made it to ATT from T-mobile and it had other name.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Had any exclusive Windows Phone in the US made it to the other carriers?

They only one I can think is the HD7 that made it to ATT from T-mobile and it had other name.
The HD7S was the only one that I can think of. It was an upgraded model though, it had a S-LCD instead of TFT.

There has been absolutely no news of the 920 coming to another US carrier, outside of that one PhoneArena article. I had my doubts about that PhoneArena article to begin with, and I'm certainly not holding out hope any more.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I think the 920 will be exclusive, but that doesn't mean that Nokia won't build a 922 or something like that, it is different and then will be on Verizon. It won't be on launch, but it will happen. Calm down, breathe.
Heard the same thing about Lumia 900 (e.g. 90 day exclusivity window). Nobody should get their hopes up about this until a screenshot emerges from carrier inventory.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
This really shouldn't be a surprise to anyone and the whole "it may only be # of days exclusive" is BS... think of the Lumia 900 and you have the exact same exclusive deal.

and LOL no way shape or form switching carriers... I have hopes for Nokia not to go under BUT im not jumping through hoops.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077