I hate you Verizon!

C

corn13read

You gouge the **** out of us price-wise then you don't even bother to get phones that are up and coming...

I would switch in an instant if you weren't the monopoly here!

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
ATT is marketing the 820 as an exclusive even though Verizon is getting the 822. Verizon will also get the 922. The question is when!

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
While my gut reaction to today's announcement is to agree with you, I'll hold off and see what Verizon officially announces before screaming into the wind.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm also curious about the price gouging that you claim. I just priced out what my monthly cost would be if I switched my family plan (3 smartphones, 1 feature phone) from Verizon to AT&T and I didn't see any cost savings there.

Edit: If it wasn't clear, I don't blame Verizon, I blame Nokia. Verizon has shown their willingness to sell WP8 by offering the 8X (and probably the ATIV).

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm also curious about the price gouging that you claim. I just priced out what my monthly cost would be if I switched my family plan (3 smartphones, 1 feature phone) from Verizon to AT&T and I didn't see any cost savings there.

Edit: If it wasn't clear, I don't blame Verizon, I blame Nokia. Verizon has shown their willingness to sell WP8 by offering the 8X (and probably the ATIV).
so which one is Verizon gonna advertise then?

C

corn13read

Well ATT and Verizon are price fixing so I'm not surprised. I'd love for them to get busted for it. Verizon has the pull to make the 920 an exclusive for a while and know the customer base would rather have it. they could look at any wp user poll and see that.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
so which one is Verizon gonna advertise then?
I don't know, we'll have to wait and see. I wouldn't be too surprised to see some advertising from Verizon.

What I do know though is that AT&T and Nokia advertised the L900 a lot and got some disappointing sales to show for it. Trying the same thing again seems crazy to me.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't know, we'll have to wait and see. I wouldn't be too surprised to see some advertising from Verizon.

What I do know though is that AT&T and Nokia advertised the L900 a lot and got some disappointing sales to show for it. Trying the same thing again seems crazy to me.
But I do think this is only a short while. I think they will Advertise the 8X and 8S which is likely what they will get

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
But I do think this is only a short while. I think they will Advertise the 8X and 8S which is likely what they will get
Well, I sure hope that it's a short time, but there haven't really been any strong indicators that it will be short. I guess we'll see.

ColeHarris

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I've created a facebook page dedicated to this cause, feel free to post your thoughts or just share your frustration there. **** maybe if enough of us could join forces we might actually show Verizon that there is a market for this phone that can't be ignored, maybe... Anyways check it out if you get a chance:

Lumia 920 on Verizon | Facebook

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

It's ultimately up to thge carrier to commit to a device or devices with their wallet. Sprint choose to use their walloet with the iPhone. So blame the carr4ier!

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Well if there are no solid rumors of a Nokia coming to Verizon by November I'll get an 8X and think I will be pleased with it. I'd prefer a 920, but I don't owe Nokia any special loyalty.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

KeegdnaB42

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
AT&T bullied Nokia to get the exclusive because when they can't compete with their network they just screw Verizon customers out of actually having a good phone selection foolishly believing they'll switch for it. To date, that business model has worked exactly once, and only because of a legion of fanboys.
The thing is, even if AT&T was throwing money at Nokia, Verizon could have had it if they really wanted it. They had an opportunity to actually do right by their customers and they flat out didn't try.

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
AT&T bullied Nokia to get the exclusive because when they can't compete with their network they just screw Verizon customers out of actually having a good phone selection foolishly believing they'll switch for it. To date, that business model has worked exactly once, and only because of a legion of fanboys.
The thing is, even if AT&T was throwing money at Nokia, Verizon could have had it if they really wanted it. They had an opportunity to actually do right by their customers and they flat out didn't try.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but as of right now there is no information to back up your reasoning. Verizon hasn't even come out and said that they'll carry the HTC 8X (although HTC did) or that they won't be carrying a high-end Nokia device. We'll definitely know more by the time the WP8 event is over on the 29th. Until then, I'm content to wait and see what happens.

anon(157335)

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm really hoping Verizon gets some version of the 920, but I'm not too worried about it. I'll wait until my contract is up in November and go from there.

If Verizon gets the 8X I'll be tempted to pass on Nokia. Either way I'll be leaving Apple behind; I'm really tired of iOS and the more I see of Windows Phone the more I like it.

I definitely won't be switching to AT&T just to get the 920. Everyone I know hates AT&T.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077