A quick qestion

miki20021

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I got a question.

I'm from Israel and REALLY AMPED UP about the L920 :)

My brother is currently living in the us and I'm planning to make a purchase from at&t or w/e and send it over to Israel as soon as possible.

The big question is- would I not have problems with making calls/sending texts/downloading apps/etc... ?

I already know that the L920 has got hebrew built in the system.

FYI- we don't have LTE in Israel, and I think we go by GSM network, but not entirely sure.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
The Lumia 900 by AT&T still can't be unlocked since AT&T did not release the unlock codes.

So if the Lumia 920 is the same, do not buy it. Wait until the unlock codes are released.

miki20021

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I was planning to get the sim-free version... at&t has an unlocked version of the L900 on their website, or am I wrong? They got "No commitment" option, I thought that meant it's SF...

It really doesn't bother me to buy from another vendor, as long at it's sim-free and in a reasonable price.

You got any suggestions on where I can get it?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys, I got a question.

I'm from Israel and REALLY AMPED UP about the L920 :)

My brother is currently living in the us and I'm planning to make a purchase from at&t or w/e and send it over to Israel as soon as possible.

The big question is- would I not have problems with making calls/sending texts/downloading apps/etc... ?

I already know that the L920 has got hebrew built in the system.

FYI- we don't have LTE in Israel, and I think we go by GSM network, but not entirely sure.

The AT&T 920 will probably be locked to AT&T. The 900 is still locked to AT&T and people can't get an unlock code for it yet.

What do you mean by w/e?

miki20021

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
w/e= What ever. Sorry for not being clear :)

Where will I be able to buy it sim-free as soon as possible and of course in the lowest price possible.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
w/e= What ever. Sorry for not being clear :)

Where will I be able to buy it sim-free as soon as possible and of course in the lowest price possible.

I think you would need to buy a European variant. With your brother in the U.S. he can watch sites like Amazon, eBay, NewEgg and MobileCityOnline. I don't know what mobile phone outlets you have over there.

miki20021

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Do you think a sim-free unlocked phone from MobileCityOnline/amazonUS/NewEgg will be alright?

The thing is that I would be able to buy the phone via internet and send it to my brother, so he can send it over to me, with minimal expense on shipping/taxes/etc which is really high in israel (for comparison- the iPhone 5 in 16gb costs almost 1125USD here).

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Do you think a sim-free unlocked phone from MobileCityOnline/amazonUS/NewEgg will be alright?

The thing is that I would be able to buy the phone via internet and send it to my brother, so he can send it over to me, with minimal expense on shipping/taxes/etc which is really high in israel (for comparison- the iPhone 5 in 16gb costs almost 1125USD here).

As long as the GSM voice and data frequencies match what your GSM carriers are using, you should be fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster