Looks like Black is the only colour for Rogers

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Eaton Centre will be one of those pop up holiday shops opening on Oct 26th. Yorkdale will have the full store opening on November 16. Microsoft Store Locations - Store Lookup

I hope they will have unlocked 920s, but I wouldn't bet on it.
That's what I think as well... but it is a Microsoft Store and it is a MS product. I will hope, but I expect no.

Great about the holiday store, I can at least call them and check about the Lumias. I did look up the permanent store and it does appear to be opening on Nov 16th. Yorkdale is easier to get to anyways (and has free parking:p)

tomatoes11

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Just go to any Hong Kong style Asian mall and get them to order you an unlocked one or go through an online retailer like Negri. They are usually quite reliable.

Warning. Warranty is only valid in the country your phone was purchased usually. So you might want to buy warranty but I never do and haven't been burned yet.

If you are from Vancouver, check out Mobiledna. They are great.

the_thunderbird

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Will an unlocked AT&T phone work on Rogers?

I am reasonable close to the border and would be willing to drive.

Moreover if the Microsoft store has them I will just get a friend to pick one up and mail it. Anything to give Rogers less money after this very poor decision.

Not a surprise at all, though :(

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I'd also recommend to post complaints on Rogers Facebook page regarding the color selection. I did and someone actually replied to my nasty feedback saying thanks and they'd pass on my complaint internally. Maybe if enough of us did it it could make a difference?

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Will an unlocked AT&T phone work on Rogers?

I am reasonable close to the border and would be willing to drive.

Moreover if the Microsoft store has them I will just get a friend to pick one up and mail it. Anything to give Rogers less money after this very poor decision.

Not a surprise at all, though :(

Yes and unlocked At&t L920 would work on Rogers. But beware of a few things. Firstly, you'd lose the mms, group text and tethering options. Secondly, I highly recommend waiting for confirmation they can be unlocked. Last time At&t released the L900 exclusively they didn't release the unlock codes making thousands of people's L900 including myselfs an expensive paper weight.

the_thunderbird

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for that great info. I use group text daily, MMS reasonably frequently and would like to use internet sharing (but it doesn't work on my 900!)

Honestly I will probably end up with a 920, but this has given me reason to seriously consider the Ativ S, if not partially on principle. Seems like there are many like me on a few sites, notably the always fantastic MobileSyrup.

I have joined in with the Tweets and FB page posts for the 920 in colour.

TransitStop

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Although I am really dissapointed about the only color being black on Rogers I'll still probably get it, black isn't the worst color and after all I'm really just excited for the new start screen. I've had
Torch 9800
IPhone 4/4s
Galaxy nexus

And not one of them has given me the excitement or the option to customize the phone to the way I want it!

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I sent an email to Nokia's CEO Mr. Stephen Elop about Rogers only having the black colour.

Here is his answer:

we are working to try and get more colors introduced into Canada

Then Nokia's EVP of Sales and Marketing Chris Weber emailed me with the following:

we are working very hard to get colors at Rogers; even if only in specific channels (online) for sales start. Thanks for also providing feedback to Rogers via their FB account.:)

We might be making some progress here guys!

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I tweeted also and they told me that more details are coming. So yeah no real answers for now

I've also submitted a number of complaints to Rogers by twitter and on their Facebook page and has surprisingly received a response to all of them saying they appreciate the feedback and will pass it on internally. They are definitely aware of the negative feedback from everyone on their selected lauch color.

Wondering if it's enough though for a last minute change of plans for them to offer an alternative color.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I've also submitted a number of complaints to Rogers by twitter and on their Facebook page and has surprisingly received a response to all of them saying they appreciate the feedback and will pass it on internally. They are definitely aware of the negative feedback from everyone on their selected lauch color.

Wondering if it's enough though for a last minute change of plans for them to offer an alternative color.

What you got from Rogers coupled with what I got from Nokia seems to be a good indication that we might get more colours.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
What you got from Rogers coupled with what I got from Nokia seems to be a good indication that we might get more colours.

I would take back everything negative I've said about Nokia and Rogers in the last week if Rogers actually annouces another color option on launch.

I don't care if it's online only as long as it's there. Knowing my luck if they do it will be my second last choice in colors lol.

dhledm

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I sent an email to Nokia's CEO Mr. Stephen Elop about Rogers only having the black colour.

Here is his answer:

Then Nokia's EVP of Sales and Marketing Chris Weber emailed me with the following:

We might be making some progress here guys!
This is the best news I've heard since the disaster that is a Rogers exclusive in black only was announced.

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Awesome news.. Couldn't be happier if they bring us another color.

While many of you I'm sure would be happy with red as a second choice I think that would sadly be no better than black for me lol. Was really hoping for yellow or cyan.

Daakkon

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
If red was matte it would be nice. Yellow is too tacky, and cyan is just right. I really hope Rogers gets the cyan model, I looooove my cyan l900.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro