Nokia Lumia 920 or Samsung Galaxy Note 2

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Which one will you decide?

I'm currently deciding on which one to get depending on which has the better price after a few months. ;)

I want to know others opinion about both devices the phablet with s pen or the innovative phone of the year. :D

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Totally different kind of devices for me. I dont even have to consider about getting a Lumia 920, but could "never" really consider a SG Note 2

mmacleodbrown

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I think you need to list out the key things you want to be able to do other than make calls and text, then see which phone do you think will help you to achieve those objectives in the best way?
the question is too broad for us to help until you can define what you need your device to do..

tomatoes11

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Both are too big IMO but at least the Lumia 920 is manageable and runs WP8. So the Lumia 920 gets my vote.

The Note 2 does have some sick features.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Totally different kind of devices for me. I dont even have to consider about getting a Lumia 920, but could "never" really consider a SG Note 2

BmUzM.gif

mangoose

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
The pen feature might look attractive, but trust me, its beyond useless.

I had xperia neo earlier, so I knew much about android already. I have used the original note (not much different than note 2 in usage) for about an hour, and here's the deal:

1. There was no writing recognition. (I was like ?!?!?!)

2. The pen was jibbery. I could never think myself comfortably writing a note on that phone (same for placing the phone next to my ear)

3. The screen, even being over 5in, seemed useless for photo editing using pen (unlike their ads). I'd much rather prefer it on a tablet.

So eventually, while trying to be a phablet, its a bad tablet and a bad phone.

I prefer drawing a line between phone and tablet/laptop than phone/tablet and laptop. Tablets should be more productive than they already are, matching laptops in regards to functionality.

iOS has same store for iPhone and iPad (same apps with different scaling) (android is similar to iOS for this) while there's mac store for MAC's apps. Windows has its Win Store for Laptop/Tablet while Win Pho store for phones. So I'd much rather prefer windows.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I still can't picture someone making a call with the note 2. Those people would need a Bluetooth device to look normal in public. Not to mention that you need to carry it in a bag.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
If you hate Samsung Wave II, you should select the Lumia 920 if the price is the same.
I think you are right I probably go for the Nokia Lumia 920 I cant stand touchwiz it should go to **** and i like nokia as well as windows phone 8 look slick either slicker than android.

I dont like the new look of Android either you sir have MADE ME SEE THE LIGHT :D

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
No brainer there... The Lumia 920, of course. Why would you want that malware-infested mini-tablet?
I forget how bad the touchwiz overlay is I just got use to it being so bad that im use to it I will now go for the Nokia Lumia 920 I have been converted. :happy:

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
With the Lumia's super-sensitive touh screen and the right apps, anything can be an s pen...
I forget about the super sensitive touchscreen that can be used with gloves. :blush:

I'll get the Nokia Lumia 920 and buy a stylus as well app for drawing problem solve.

I can't believe I forgotten what possibilities their are with L920 ;)

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why mobile manufacturers skin the android OS. So happy Microsoft doesn't let them do that.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
If you are handy in the workshop, do what I do before I get a new phone. Go cut out a piece of 3/8" (usually 11/32" actually) or 1/2" (15/32") plywood to the dimensions of your phone candidates. Round the edges as required. Now you can hold it, pocket it, put it to your ear. Basically get a feel for the phone. I usually do it to check if any of my existing cases will work.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I have decided THANKS for all the advice I go for the Lumia 920 it just a better innovative phone all together. :D

Just needed some input i forget about some of the details with the massive spec list of the L920. :cool:

Thanks again

sirgigolo

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Note 2 hands down. But I'm looking to they windows phone foe the first time. I'm going to wait until the middle of next year before I get a device though.

sent from my Galaxy Note using tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb