Whats in the box?

Xtian.Castro

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I was skimming the box contents for the 920 and was bummed to find that the at&t version ditches the headphones included with the intl version. They instead are including an NFC tag :/

dKmfp.png

L6weN.png

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Well that sucks. But head phones that come with mobile devices usually aren't that good anyways.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Those earplugs are worth a couple of euros and can be bought seperately for a few euros too, so it's not like you lost overly much, but I do understand that one would rather have them than not have them. Personally I'd probably have more use for the NFC tag..

Xtian.Castro

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Those earplugs are worth a couple of euros and can be bought seperately for a few euros too, so it's not like you lost overly much, but I do understand that one would rather have them than not have them. Personally I'd probably have more use for the NFC tag..
I've got a bunch of headphones, but the mics don't work with any of them. It would have been nice to have a cheap pair with a mic that I could travel with.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Weak!! Good thing that I got those freebies at the launch event! :lol: Even though they're yellow and won't match my red one. :'( They are actually quite decent though... worth picking up if you don't have an alternate pair in mind.

But that's very AT&T-like. Lame!

Xtian.Castro

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Weak!! Good thing that I got those freebies at the launch event! :lol: Even though they're yellow and won't match my red one. :'( They are actually quite decent though... worth picking up if you don't have an alternate pair in mind.

did you get the Monster Purity buds or the regular pack-ins?

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

Excuse my ignorance on NFC, but what purpose does the NFC tag serve?

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Lumia 920 is likely pretty damn expensive to build thanks to that one piece carved polycarbonate build, floating camera sensor and that 60Hz, 331ppi, Synaptic 3202 touch controller screen on Lumia 920.

Seems like they are trying to hit certain price point on AT&T.

I would personally take that NFC tag as a have bag full of high end in-ears, but i can of course understand if some would want those in-ear headphones that come with the box. Here in Europe those in-ears are of course included.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Its like a weaker version of Bluetooth. It uses less power and the devices have to be close to each other. But no pairing required.

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

You'll look like you're reppin' McDonald's!

Xtian.Castro

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site

You can program you phone to interact with the tag. You could for example set a tag somewhere in your car so when you tap the phone to it, the phone would turn bluetooth on, start playing music from an app and set your ringer to high.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Assuming its a writable tag, Nokia will include an app to read and write to NFC tags. No one knows yet how limited/limitless the instruction set will be, but you will at least be able to program a tag to launch an app with a tap. Think of it like running a batch file. Tying it in to home multimedia or automation has limitless possibilities. Good time to be alive.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
You can program you phone to interact with the tag. You could for example set a tag somewhere in your car so when you tap the phone to it, the phone would turn bluetooth on, start playing music from an app and set your ringer to high.

That's actually pretty cool.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I like the Samsung headphones that came with my focus. They aren't the best ever, but are fairly comfortable, and are more convenient than a bt headset to talk while driving.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)