Which Nokia Lumia Colour are you going to pick?

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I've been considering white as well. My first iPhone was a white 16GB 3G because it was all they had at the store when I got there on launch day but I fell in love with having a white phone because at the time everyone else I knew had black.

My current HTC Vivid was chosen partly because I could get a white phone and again I've loved being different than the black or gray bricks everyone else has these days.

But, I'm starting to see a lot more white phones in my friends' hands (iPhones and GS3s) so I'm ready to take that next step and move into something more colorful to distinguish myself again.

Plus I like having people ask what type of phone I have (the white HTC Vivid with its silver metal backplate still draws attention). And I'll like it even more when I can use that opportunity to show off the beauty of WP8 ;)

Yes all good points. I like different also. Seems everyone has an Iphone these days or now also a Galaxy s3. I like how my Cyan 900 stands out. Initially everyone has thought it was a case. Then like you said I start showing off the OS. Can't wait till I can show off wp8. At this point I will take any color lol. I just want one :)

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Have a Cyan 900, had a black one but took it back for Cyan. Will probably go with Cyan for the 920 its just i like to change tile colors and i think black or white looks best with more color choices. Decisions decisions. I wish it had the removable backs like the 810/820

That's why I'll be going with the white, it goes with any tile color. Same with black. There aren't many colors that go with the cyan.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
That's why I'll be going with the white, it goes with any tile color. Same with black. There aren't many colors that go with the cyan.

I agree. I just love the Cyan 900 I have. Leaning toward white right now. Will probably flip back and forth till release day lol

Markyyy

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I'd choose white for that same reason too; it goes with any tile colour. The problem I have is that my lumia 800 is white and I've accidently got biro ink on it's shell before, and it wouldnt rub off, it stained it. It seems to have worn off now though. But with anything white, dirt, stains and scratches are so much more visible.

Davidkoh

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I'd choose white for that same reason too; it goes with any tile colour. The problem I have is that my lumia 800 is white and I've accidently got biro ink on it's shell before, and it wouldnt rub off, it stained it. It seems to have worn off now though. But with anything white, dirt, stains and scratches are so much more visible.

That's the reason why I am most likely not going with white. I'm afraid i'd get it dirty and scratched within a week. Unless Cyan is available at the release in Sweden I think I will go with Yellow or Red, most likely Yellow.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Even with the Gloss finish ?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Heck I will probably stick with Cyan. Was my initial plan. 1cause I love the color,2 my girl won't know I just bought another new phone lol. Will just tell her all features were from a software update. (she is smart just not phone savvy) :)

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
That's the reason why I am most likely not going with white. I'm afraid i'd get it dirty and scratched within a week. Unless Cyan is available at the release in Sweden I think I will go with Yellow or Red, most likely Yellow.
I've heard from most white L900 owners that theirs still looks as good as when they first got it. Dirt, smudges etc. just wipe off because of the gloss finish. I'm not too worried about scratches as the polycarbonate shell is the same color throughout the whole material so they'd hardly be noticeable.

I am a bit concernced about the ink though, I have got it on my phones before too.

Still, I'd like to change the color of my tiles pretty often and white would look good with them all so I'll stick with it. I think yellow would most likely only go nicely with itself and red and vice-versa for the red.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Guess I will just stick with Cyan. 1 cause I love the color,2 cause my girl won't know I bought another new phone lol. (she is smart, just not phone savvy :))

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I've heard from most white L900 owners that theirs still looks as good as when they first got it. Dirt, smudges etc. just wipe off because of the gloss finish. I'm not too worried about scratches as the polycarbonate shell is the same color throughout the whole material so they'd hardly be noticeable.

I am a bit concernced about the ink though, I have got it on my phones before too.

Still, I'd like to change the color of my tiles pretty often and white would look good with them all so I'll stick with it. I think yellow would most likely only go nicely with itself and red and vice-versa for the red.
That's what I was wondering with the gloss. Seems ink would mess up any color. Dang why couldn't they make the backs interchangeable like the 820 lol. (guessing would have made it thicker )

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Well swapped my Cyan 900 for a white and love the white. Will go with it for the 920. Like the gloss, will see how it handles for scratching. Will be a good 2 week test. Keeping it anyway as a back up to my 920

Cellus13

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Glossy white

White! Ever since i saw the white Lumia 900, I've wanted one. A white Lumia 920 is just beautiful. Compared to others i actually like glossy phones. For me, personally, the shine appeals to me.

What i was surprised to hear that the white Lumia 920 was too "iPhone". I find that to be completely false. The Lumia 920 has a beautiful original design that is actually innovative, original, and beautiful. The other colors are too much for me, i still find them beautiful but not for me.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
The tile matching argument is interesting. It would limit all you fashion guru's. Luckily, my sense of style is made easier by the simple fact I have no idea what matches. All the pressure is off. Whew... I feel better!!

Understanding that when I see them in person it may change:

1) Yellow (just makes me giggle every time I see a picture)
2) White (just like the way the trend looks, still not the norm)
3) Cyan (900 devices are fun & easy on the eyes)
4) Red (seems different in every picture- the darker it is, more likely it is I will want it)
5) Black (Yawn... nothing new here.)
6) Grey (last place for the unavailable.. I am a radical)

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Well, I really want the red, but I'm not sure if I want glossy.. The matte black looks really nice, but black is just about as boring as it can get as a mobile phone color.. it doesnt stand out in any way :D

I'll probably try to get hands on with both and decide when they come available in the flagshipstore..

mcphersc

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I was very disappointed when At&T didn't announce the gray. I fully expect it to show up in a similar way to the white Lumia 900, maybe 1-2 months after launch, but I'm in no mood to wait. So my choice will most likely be the red. Most pictures around the web haven't done the color justice imo.

EvanKr

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm still confused by this whole "cyan is an AT&T exclusive" thing. Why can it only be purchased in cyan in the states, and not in countries like Canada or the UK? It's not like AT&T is competing with Rogers or Vodafone, I could see if Verizon or Sprint were carrying the 920 and AT&T were trying to differentiate themselves, but why not bring the Cyan 920 to at least one carrier per country/market?

Also, what's with only carrying the black, Rogers? As long as you're the Canadian exclusive, at least bring us a few different colours. Didn't they learn not to do this the first time around with the 900?

iphonemilk

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Which colour are you going to choice from for me it will be the red or cyan if it release. :D

Not sure on the others can you also change the colour of the live tile if so what colours :blush:.

Also what colour live tile will you pick with the outer phone colour. :3
I already pre ordered the Yellow from BB =D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium