Which Nokia Lumia Colour are you going to pick?

Jonah P

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I really want grey and it really upsets me that AT&T has decided to not carry the color. I agree with the cyan choice but dropping the grey color was a mistake. It is the third most wanted on the WPCentral poll and I know that many business people wanted it. I wanted it because I wanted a matte color that was unlike the rest of the colorless phones (a major selling point of the Lumias).

Now, I am unsure of what to choose. Either red (i do not like the glossy) or black.

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I wonder how many people who are saying they're going to get red or yellow end up chickening out come launch time and end up buying white/black/grey.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I wonder how many people who are saying they're going to get red or yellow end up chickening out come launch time and end up buying white/black/grey.

I'd be a good target for this bet. Problem is, the flashy color I want, yellow, isn't available in store. So, no chickening out for me! I can still return it of course. It's either white or yellow for me, I'll decide when AT&T opens preorders.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

Haha, I may do that. I've been saying I'll get the grey, but the yellow and red are both growing on me, especially the yellow. I've decided I'll wait until I can see the phones in person. If I like the yellow best (or red), I'll get it. If neither tickles my fancy I'll order an unlocked grey one online.

mcphersc

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site

I totally agree with your sentiment, and I might definitely be one of those people especially because my original preference was gray (red has grown on me a lot though). BUT how is the red/yellow any different than all the people who got cyan Lumia 800/900's and those who want cyan 920's. Have you looked at that color!! :D

I don't get the fascination with cyan, I think red (maybe not yellow) gives a more "normal" choice for those who want a funky color, but think cyan or yellow are a little TOO funky.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure several dealers will carry it. Ebay always does, and this site is already taking pre-orders for the grey: Nokia Lumia 920 Grey

Price range will likely fall in the $700-800 range.

They might take pre-orders but the grey isn't coming anywhere on the launch.

Non of the European countries show it on their Nokia pages, neither was it included on the 7 countries in Europe that got Nokia's press releases about release date, availability of colors and prices.

Grey color option will come, but i would expect to see it early next year.

I don't get the fascination with cyan, I think red (maybe not yellow) gives a more "normal" choice for those who want a funky color, but think cyan or yellow are a little TOO funky.

This is of course opinions (about non else than colors!) we are talking about, but to me that cyan is way more subdued than example yellow. Here in Sweden probably 30% of Lumia's are cyan. Also owner of cyan lumia 800 here. ;)

Have you seen cyan lumia or N9 yourself?

chriscookz

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site

Not me! I hope... I have my heart set on Red. I've had a black phone for like 6 years, time to switch it up!

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
They might take pre-orders but the grey isn't coming anywhere on the launch.

Non of the European countries show it on their Nokia pages, neither was it included on the 7 countries in Europe that got Nokia's press releases about release date, availability of colors and prices.

Grey color option will come, but i would expect to see it early next year.

Interesting point, thanks for the information. At the same time we didn't hear anything about cyan til we saw that only AT&T would carry it. We also haven't had any official word on grey not being immediately available. I don't think the marketing pictures would have shown the grey if they didn't plan to release it at launch. Typically if they don't plan to release a color immediately, they don't market it immediately (see the white N9, white Lumia 800, and pink Lumia 900).

We'll know within 2 weeks, hopefully.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Interesting point, thanks for the information. At the same time we didn't hear anything about cyan til we saw that only AT&T would carry it. We also haven't had any official word on grey not being immediately available. I don't think the marketing pictures would have shown the grey if they didn't plan to release it at launch. Typically if they don't plan to release a color immediately, they don't market it immediately (see the white N9, white Lumia 800, and pink Lumia 900).

We'll know within 2 weeks, hopefully.

That is all true.
Though Nokia has always been a bit strange about colors, especially on release some colors are not available everywhere at launch. Also they sold 2 weeks some Lumia 800 colors exclusively via Nokia Flagship stores in Finland, something they haven't done before.

There is some strange things certainly on colors. I guess there could be a reason for not releasing one color on launch anywhere, though i can't understand why launch cyan only from AT&T on launch. Cyan was the second most popular color for N9 and Lumia 800 across Europe.

I would still expect to list it on press releases if they had grey on release date.
Nokia bringt Lumia 920 und Lumia 820 im November nach Deutschland ? Nokia – Press
Lumia 920 and Lumia 820 now available for pre-order in Russia | nokiagadgets.com
Grey Lumia 920 removed from Nokia’s Finnish and German site | nokiagadgets.com

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Telia Sonera, big carrier over here. Many other stores have gotten the date 30th of October or 1st of November over here.

Swed or Finn Telia Sonera?
Yeah, i know them very well. ;) Finn living in Sweden for couple of months more.

That's surprising as so many have been talking about much later release for Nordics.

Davidkoh

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Swed or Finn Telia Sonera?
Yeah, i know them very well. ;) Finn living in Sweden for couple of months more.

That's surprising as so many have been talking about much later release for Nordics.

Swedish Telia. According to them they actually have them in stock already (not black one), they seem to not send them out until the 30th though. Many non carrier sellers also updated their dates to say that they would have it in stock on the 30th or 1st of November. Makes sense since Nokia would want to start selling them as soon as the Microsoft launch event is over.

We will see what happens, either way it seems we will see it soon. Don't see the point in them launching it later in the nordics as at least Sweden always been a strong market for Nokia.

Jonah P

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Darn AT&T. I really want the grey and I refuse to pay $700-800 just for a color. I know it may come out early next year but I have already waited long enough to get a new phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster