Xtian.Castro

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey I don't know if it's been discussed or not, but my HTC rep just HEAVILY suggested that the price for the 8x is going to be $99

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

addman

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I know quite a few online retailers here in Finland and Sweden that are already listing the 8x. Starts at around 499-549? and up unlocked. The 8s starts at about 299-349? unlocked. It should give you a pretty good picture of what the general pricing will be. Some of the retailers are also listing release dates, some are showing the 1st of November whilst others have the 11th.

TheNerdlyKnight

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
That's some potentially awesome news if it turns out to be true. It would give a very aggressive and.competitive price to compete against other phones in the market while luring in new users.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
$99 would be great, especially since I just spoke with AT&T this morning and they (because I actually spend money on my plan and am getting two devices) said I could have my upgrade date moved up so I could pre-order when it's available.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping Verizon's price isn't over $550 but I'll have to wait and see.

Good luck waiting on VZW. People can believe whatever rumors they like, but HTC has the 8X clearly identified on their own web page as being an AT&T phone, and VZW has still not made a single statement on any devices....

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Good luck waiting on VZW. People can believe whatever rumors they like, but HTC has the 8X clearly identified on their own web page as being an AT&T phone, and VZW has still not made a single statement on any devices....

quit trollan. It's been mentioned to you many times that HTC itself stated the 8x would be on Verizon during their product unveiling. Not sure what not proof you need.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
quit trollan. It's been mentioned to you many times that HTC itself stated the 8x would be on Verizon during their product unveiling. Not sure what not proof you need.

It has never been said by HTC that it would be available on VZW. Generic statements were made in the past that could be used to suggest one thing or another based UPON COMMITMENTS. That is about as meaningful as VZW saying that WP8 might be the "third" ecosystem when they are committed to three others and have announced no WP8 products less than two weeks before launch. HTC's website also explicitly identifies the 8X as an AT&T phone. Show something other than rumors and an FCC filing by HTC that means nothing (since lots of things get filed before there is ever a carrier commitment), or a single definitive statement by VZW, otherwise you are putting a product on their shelves with no verification. How have all of those VZW rumors worked out for people so far? For that matter, ask the BlackBerry people how "leaked" timelines and roadmaps have worked out for them. When something is announced then it us real. Until then it is internet speculation as likely to sour peoples' opinions as anything else....

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
It has never been said by HTC that it would be available on VZW. Generic statements were made in the past that could be used to suggest one thing or another based UPON COMMITMENTS. That is about as meaningful as VZW saying that WP8 might be the "third" ecosystem when they are committed to three others and have announced no WP8 products less than two weeks before launch. HTC's website also explicitly identifies the 8X as an AT&T phone. Show something other than rumors and an FCC filing by HTC that means nothing (since lots of things get filed before there is ever a carrier commitment), or a single definitive statement by VZW, otherwise you are putting a product on their shelves with no verification. How have all of those VZW rumors worked out for people so far? For that matter, ask the BlackBerry people how "leaked" timelines and roadmaps have worked out for them. When something is announced then it us real. Until then it is internet speculation as likely to sour peoples' opinions as anything else....

Nope, Verbatim from the event. " The 8x will be Available on at&t, Verizon, and Tmobile in the united states". Not sure how you get rumor out of that. But whatever, carry on with your self uplifting crusade.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Nope, Verbatim from the event. " The 8x will be Available on at&t, Verizon, and Tmobile in the united states". Not sure how you get rumor out of that. But whatever, carry on with your self uplifting crusade.
Yep, this is true.

swyost, why not watch the video yourself?

Windows Phone 8X and 8S by HTC Press Conference - YouTube

Skip ahead to 28:20 or so.

They make a direct statement that it will be on all 3 carriers. It's not open to interpretation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786