From Galaxy Nexus to Lumia 920, **** of an upgrade?

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Well. Hes I think you should get a 920. Becuase you get so much from the 920 then you have on your gnex.
Wireless charging
Sensitive screen
Pureview camera
Puremotion HD+ display
Better resolution
Good exclusive apps.
Better battery life
Can use in direct sunlight
NFC
And more.
you get tones of stuff. On a nokia lumia

Last edited:

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
most of what 12Danny123 says, except of battery (i mean, we don't know what its going to be like until we get our hands on it)

and the most important part, u get WP8 :)

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
most of what 12Danny123 says, except of battery (i mean, we don't know what its going to be like until we get our hands on it)

and the most important part, u get WP8 :)

WP is more efficient on processors--and by extension batteries--than Android by design, as WP limits the resources that can be committed to background processes, whereas Android will let you pile tasks on until the phone crashes if you're not careful.

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
WP is more efficient on processors--and by extension batteries--than Android by design, as WP limits the resources that can be committed to background processes, whereas Android will let you pile tasks on until the phone crashes if you're not careful.

I have to say, after having an android phone for the last 3-4 years, that is one of the dumbest comments I've ever heard lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Never had that problem either. My gs3 is just as fast as ever. No problems here. Do u even have a clue what Ur talking about? And proofread Ur stuff

txaggies07

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
One of the problems I have with my Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7 is that during any IO (downloading file, installing apk), the phone becomes very choppy and hardly usable.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I did have similar problems on my GS2 with the UI slowing down as i downloaded more stuff and apps. In general reminded me of Symbian with more polished UI.

That said Android was fine, just not for me. I have always been about the PC like experiment on phone, why i loved my N9 and N900. Though these days i can't be bothered to play around with my phones (it's about tablets now!) so the iPhone or WP style is more for me.

Can't wait to get that cyan Lumia 920 in my hands.

Last edited:

txaggies07

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
If you are the type that likes messing with custom ROMs, then WP8 probably isn't for you. If you want a phone that just works out of the box and don't want to have to mess with it, then WP8 would be good for you,

aventador779

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Never had that problem either. My gs3 is just as fast as ever. No problems here. Do u even have a clue what Ur talking about? And proofread Ur stuff

I'm tired of Android. The point of Android is that you get your phone out of the box, and it's "fast." After two months, it just starts to LAG. I've read that before (and specifically the GS3.)

I've been an "Android ******" for about two years. I just can't anymore. I want WP8 :) and plus something new already :)

And I am running JELLY BEAN on my Galaxy Nexus, project butter just wears off after two months also. Even probably less.

And I always proof read my stuff. :p

luckyhillkop

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
If you are the type that likes messing with custom ROMs, then WP8 probably isn't for you. If you want a phone that just works out of the box and don't want to have to mess with it, then WP8 would be good for you,
Does it really? From what I read, WP7 is a long way from becoming a mature OS and things aren't going to change much with WP8. Even something as simple as notification is a problem for WP.

One selling point of WP being the OS is smooth as butter but most apps are laggy and due to the restrictions from the OS they don't have as much features as the same app on other platforms. So what is the point?

I'm not a WP user and I have to admit what I know about WP is from reading on the net. So am I wrong with the above? Have I fallen into the propaganda trap of the anti-WPs? I'm desperate to get 920. It's an excellent phone but for all its features the OS it's using looks to be its downfall.

Currently I'm a symbian user (N8). I'm worried I will struggle to make the transition from symbian to WP and that I will miss a lot of simple things I'm able to do with symbian. Will that be the case?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786