Cases or covers for Lumia 920

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
OK, here's my experience with cases so far. I've tried a few, so I will make a separate post for each.

"Quicksand" Case (Same as cbrunn2 listed above, I suspect also the same as vtective has on the first page with no branding)
QuickSand.JPG
Positives:
- Come in a great range of muted colors (I have the light grey/blue one)
- Dirt cheap from China, about $7 delivered.
- VERY "grippy"
- Attractive design. Adds VERY little bulk.
- Easy to slip on and off.
- Good protection for back and sides.

Negatives:
- I HATE the feel of this. I was expecting this to be a bit soft/rubbery due to the picture in the auctions of them squeezing it in their hands, but in reality it really does feel like somewhat hard, gentle sandpaper. Especially with my somewhat winter dry hands, this case just feels incredibly uncomfortable. I simply can't use it.
- No protection for top or bottom edges of polycarbonate. Also does not cover/protect back Carl Zeis mirror plate (which may be a positive for some people but not me).
- Take a long time to get it when shipping directly from China. Can get some from certain US Amazon vendors to combat this, but they do charge more.
QuickSand2.JPG

Last edited:

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
"Hard Rubberized Coating" Case
New Hard Rubberized Rubber Coating Back Case Cover Screen for Nokia Lumia 920 | eBay
M-RUBBER-N920-PURPLE_1.jpg
Positives:
- Come in a great range of bright colors (I have the purple one)
- Dirt cheap from China, about $4 delivered.
- Fairly "grippy"
- Attractive design. Adds VERY little bulk. Minimalist.
- Good protection for back and sides.

Negatives:
- VERY poor color quality on mine. It at first looked like there was a shadow on part of it, so I moved it to put more light on it. Then again, then agian. Turns out there is just a much darker portion and it is just not a consistent color all the way through.
- No protection for top or bottom edges of polycarbonate. Also does not cover/protect back Carl Zeis mirror plate (which may be a positive for some people but not me).
- Take a long time to get it when shipping directly from China. Can get some from certain US Amazon vendors to combat this, but they do charge more.

Last edited:

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
S-Line / Fosman / No Branding Covers
(These all seem to be exactly the same cases with different branding on them)
Fossman.JPG
FosmanColors.jpg
Positives:
- Come in a great range of colors (Transparent: Blue, Grey, Clear, Light Purple, Red, Pink. Opaque: Glossy Black, White). See negative below on this though.
- Dirt cheap from China, about $4 delivered.
- Nice grip on the side.
- Attractive design. Not too much bulk, "S" design on back looks nice to me.
- Provides great protection all around, including top and bottom edge of polycarbonate (less so on the bottom due to the thinness of the bottom area above the speakers/usb port).

Negatives:
- No cutout for secondary mic holes on top causes bad sound quality when any air movement is involved (wind, walking up stairs, etc). I do believe that this could be fixed with the right hole punch... however I have not found that right hole punch yet. :)
- Issues with flash photography. I have the transparent blue, light purple, clear, grey, and red versions of this cover. All of the colored versions add a color cast to photos when using flash photography. For example, using the purple case with flash you will literally have a strong purple cast to the photo. The transparent grey case does not seem to add any issue to flash photos in my testing, so this is the one I primarily use. The clear cover seems to add no color, but does "blow out" the image a bit with extra brightness. I would assume that the opague black/white cases would have no issues, but I don't like the look of those. So I have been using the transparent grey case.
- Portion of cover over usb/speakers is thin, and seems to vary a bit from cover to cover how it fits. Most of mine are ok, as long as you are not expecting it to really hug the edge exactly... it's a bit weak.

I am currently using the transparent smokey grey version of this case. It seems like a nice compromise, eliminating the flash issue as near as I can tell and looks pretty nice. It provides nice grip and protection at a cheap price. However, I won't hesitate to upgrade it to the Nokia CC-1043 as soon as released.

Last edited:

Tempest790

Oct 3, 2004
Visit site
They now have the hard gold metallic cases for the Lumia 920. This looks really good. I ordered mine off of eBay for $16.95 shipped. I'll post some pics and review it as soon as I get it, but if it's like the others I've already ordered, I'll be happy. I hope they add silver/chrome color. That would be fantastic.

GoldLumia920Case.jpg

doisy

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
They now have the hard gold metallic cases for the Lumia 920. This looks really good. I ordered mine off of eBay for $16.95 shipped. I'll post some pics and review it as soon as I get it, but if it's like the others I've already ordered, I'll be happy. I hope they add silver/chrome color. That would be fantastic.

View attachment 26173

I can't help but I fell in love with the yellow. I have a black Lumia and I really want to find the best yellow cover for it.

Does anybody know how this would be like? Hard back snap on cover shell for Nokia Lumia 920 LTE

krystea

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Sigh. I wish all of these cases would wrap around the tops and bottoms of the device instead of only hugging the sides. They are so nice looking but I feel like that design allows so much more dust and little pieces of dirt to get in and scratch up the back.

MS_SURVEYOR

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I got the Incipio Dual Pro. She got (Black / Neon Pink). I got the (Black / Black).

71ach-ykyVL._SL1500_.jpg 61E4OICpUXL._SL1500_.jpg

We're both happy with the Dual Pro. Gives a decent amount oh impact protection, and covers and seals in the phone. Without adding bulk. Compared 920's with a coworker that has one. He couldn't even tell I had a case on mine. I feel my phone will look new and untouched 2 years from now.

ceraf

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know if there are any carbon fiber patterned cases? I know there are skins/stickers available, but I'd rather have a case with that pattern.

Rudiepoo1

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I got the Incipio Dual Pro. She got (Black / Neon Pink). I got the (Black / Black).

View attachment 26177 View attachment 26178

We're both happy with the Dual Pro. Gives a decent amount oh impact protection, and covers and seals in the phone. Without adding bulk. Compared 920's with a coworker that has one. He couldn't even tell I had a case on mine. I feel my phone will look new and untouched 2 years from now.

If you have a chance can you possibly post any pics? I always like to see some real world pics as opposed to the one's that are on the manufacturers sites. Thx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb