Coming from an iPhone 5

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Well like the title says i bought an iPhone 5 for myself and couple of 4S to family members and to tell you the truth i fail to see the difference, i am seriously thinking of making the switch to the lumia, I like the innovation with the display, touchscreen and camera basically they covered all the things the consumers needed, the only thing that bothers me is the glossy back i want the matte models, but so far we dont know if AT&T is coming out with it.

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Not in the US, yet. Tons of announcements from around the globe, though!

edit: fixed my horrible spelling on my iPad... Surface anyone??? :)

I am really concerned with the surface RT version, because I dont know how many apps will work on it on release, now dont get me wrong I ordered it but may cancel to wait for something more useful, I would like to have both my phone and tablet running windows 8 as well as my PC that makes the best integration, but the RT maybe too limited, since x86 apps wont work on it I believe, how about phone apps? will the RT have access to the 100k apps on WP8? or less than 100 apps available.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I have the iPhone 5 and while I do enjoy using it, I honestly can't wait to get the Lumia 920. The device being smaller and lighter is a plus, but in all honesty, I could care less about that stuff. I have the Lumia 900 and I honestly don't really think about the difference until I have both in my hands.

chevans920

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I have the iPhone 5 and while I do enjoy using it, I honestly can't wait to get the Lumia 920. The device being smaller and lighter is a plus, but in all honesty, I could care less about that stuff. I have the Lumia 900 and I honestly don't really think about the difference until I have both in my hands.

Just my opinion...

After holding my wife's iPhone 5, I can't wait for the 920. Of course my personal preference is to have heavier things. My wedding band is a heavy tungsten, my watch is all metal with a nice weight, I carry a pocket knife with my keys just so I can "feel" them. I'm buying the 920 because of the weight and size (other features are a plus too). I just like to know where my stuff is - and that I can crush a zombies skull if I need to :)

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Well the weight is nice the 4S had a nice heft, but the 5 I think is a little too light, and well I dont see any improvements compared to what I see on the Lumia 920.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Wasnt the black supposed to be matte too?

Sure would look like matte?

298693-nokia-lumia-920-back.jpg

Loz Blake

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I am really concerned with the surface RT version, because I dont know how many apps will work on it on release, now dont get me wrong I ordered it but may cancel to wait for something more useful, I would like to have both my phone and tablet running windows 8 as well as my PC that makes the best integration, but the RT maybe too limited, since x86 apps wont work on it I believe, how about phone apps? will the RT have access to the 100k apps on WP8? or less than 100 apps available.

You've just bought an iPhone 5 for yourself, 4S' for your family, are considering now buying yourself a Lumia 920 and have a preorder for the Surface... Are you made of money?! lol.

For your question about the marketplace, it surpassed 5,000 apps the other day, not a huge amount, but it'll grow quickly. I doubt WP7 apps will work on Windows RT, but nothing official has been said about it.

Loz Blake

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if it came out wrong, that is indeed what I'm saying too, cos it felt some people are saying that only cyan would be matte.

(Damnit, I keep typoing "matter" all the time)

Yep, forgive me, my ability to read and understand sentences can be somewhat limited at times!

From seeing that picture, my interesting in the black matte version has gone up a lot, it looks gorgeous!

karmamule

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
You've just bought an iPhone 5 for yourself, 4S' for your family, are considering now buying yourself a Lumia 920 and have a preorder for the Surface... Are you made of money?! lol.

For your question about the marketplace, it surpassed 5,000 apps the other day, not a huge amount, but it'll grow quickly. I doubt WP7 apps will work on Windows RT, but nothing official has been said about it.

I agree that I don't think WP7 apps will work on the RT Surface, but I did pre-order one so I'll let you know what sort of app selection I'm seeing on the 26th when I get it! :)

Getting the Lumia 920 a couple weeks after that (knock on wood...) is gonna make for an intense couple weeks for me! :-D

fraincs

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site

100 apps is what you see if you have Windows 8 developer preview installed there is now 5000 apps for Win RT

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Returned my iPhone 5 and sold my galaxy s3 and bought a Lumia 900 and am very happy. Will get the white 920 on release day and will be even happier. Don't miss IOS or Android at all. A few of IOS games yes, but hopefully with wp8 they will get ported over

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

not made of money but I would sell my iPhone 5 if that and use that money for it I got the 32 gb version of the iPhone 5 making it easier to sell and get the amount for the Lumia 920 out right. and well I have a nexus 7 pre sold which that will cover some of the costs of my surface, yet still wondering if I would get the surface, I am not sure is the best decision, I am concern with Utility since not many apps will work on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte