How does the Dual Core effect the Lumia 920 Battery

Cellus13

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
The Lumia 920 has an impressive large battery which is 2000 mAH but i'm worried with all the new increase in hardware how that will effect the Lumia 920. I've heard that dual cores drain battery pretty much. Is that true?

What do you all think? Will the Lumia 920 have great battery life or something bad?

gzlesk

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Really, almost every phone on the market has a dual core and now quad core. And 2000mAH is a big battery. I dont think it will have a problem

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
The S4 is a very efficient processor. Combined with WPs optimization, it should outperform similarly specced android devices. The Nokia website rates it at 10 hours of talk time, and I don't recall the exact numbers, but the standby is dramatically improved over the 900, and it's rated for like 56 hours of music playback. Should be great, probably only beaten by the Samsung Ativ S, with the power-sipping SAMOLED screen and 300mAh larger battery. (not counting phanlet devices like the Note, which have gigantic batteries.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
The Lumia 920 has an impressive large battery which is 2000 mAH but i'm worried with all the new increase in hardware how that will effect the Lumia 920. I've heard that dual cores drain battery pretty much. Is that true?

What do you all think? Will the Lumia 920 have great battery life or something bad?

More cores does not automatically equal less battery life. Each new generation of processor in mobile devices usually improves on both performance AND energy consumption, especially as the size of the processor (nm) goes down.

I would expect to see slightly better real-world performance out of the 920's battery life versus the 900 overall. The switch to an IPS screen I find a little puzzling though since AMOLED looks so nice and uses less energy. I suspect there just wasn't any such thing as a 1280x768 AMOLED screen out there. Too bad, I would have gladly taken a 1280x720 in a narrower phone with AMOLED. Ah well.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
More cores does not automatically equal less battery life. Each new generation of processor in mobile devices usually improves on both performance AND energy consumption, especially as the size of the processor (nm) goes down.

I would expect to see slightly better real-world performance out of the 920's battery life versus the 900 overall. The switch to an IPS screen I find a little puzzling though since AMOLED looks so nice and uses less energy. I suspect there just wasn't any such thing as a 1280x768 AMOLED screen out there. Too bad, I would have gladly taken a 1280x720 in a narrower phone with AMOLED. Ah well.

There currently isn't a non-pentile AMOLED display available at a 720p or higher resolution from any manufacturer.

aventador779

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
The S4 is a really, really sufficient processor. I'm much more worried about the WP8 OS and how it will use the battery, considering it will probably bring better multitasking features.

Also that really fast display makes me wonder about the battery life.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
sorry to dissapoint you but you are wrong the Samsung Galaxy Note II has a super amoled HD and a RGB Matrix.

I meant *wasn't available when the 920 was being developed*. Not to mention to get the same resolution from a screen cut out of that sheet, it would have to be the same size. 0.8" smaller screen = less pixels.

In other words, I'm not disappointed cuz I'm not wrong.

Edit: could you imagine how many people would be *****ing about the L920s size and weight if it had a 5" + screen?

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I think the battery life will Be great on the 920 don't forget the dual core is build on a 28nm wich consumes way less than the 45nm soc's, and dual core will be more efficient than a single core because it will finish tasks faster.

Verstuurd van mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Don't worry about the processors. It's the screen that will take all the juice! Since it's LCD it won't benefit from the dark OS that WP is like a amoled can do. The higher the resolution the more juice it will demand also.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte