the pre-orders have started...

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I still have 2 years on contract with Rogers and don't want to renew yet. Will have to see how much it is going to be factory unlocked before I buy it from them off contract.

If the prices are close, I'd rather spend a bit more and get a factory unlocked one that receives updates right away and not centuries later.

jsgiv

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Update -

Saw the info online this morning that Best Buy was now taking pre-orders for the Lumia 920. My corporate ATT store is actually closer to where I live so I decided to stop there instead.

I was surprised to find out that even though Best Buy is doing the pre-orders - the ATT stores are not (yet). ATT reps were aware that Best Buy is taking pre-orders, however, ATT (at least this store - the largest corporate store in NE Atlanta, GA) was NOT taking pre-orders ...

So - went to Best Buy instead - details:

- Best Buy is taking pre-orders at the stores and on-line (even though not advertised in the fliers).
- Pre-order is $50 (once they verified upgrade eligibility for my account). They give you a gift card - enter the reservation in the system, etc.
- In store I pre-ordered from - they are currently ONLY taking pre-orders for the matte Black color (which is fine - as I was debating between the Black and Cyan - as I don't want the glossy colors due to potential scratching, etc. - I was leaning towards black - so this just made the choice that much easier)
- Process was straightforward - I asked when I could expect it - the rep checked and noted to me that "launch day" is currently scheduled for this Friday 10/26. Since I was one of the first to order today - he expects that I'll be able to pick mine up either that day or Saturday at the latest.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
My BB online pre order says expected delivery Oct 25-30th. I won't hold my breath. They did this same thing with my gs3 and it got moved back twice and I ended I cancelling that one

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

joeaux

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yup, preordered a Yellow one on BB online. Mine says delivery 25th-26th. We'll see. Would be nice but kinda doubt it. As far as scratches on the glossy units, I've had a White 900 since they came out. No cover. Scratches just don't show up on these things. Oh and I was gonna hold out for the AT&T site myself but it seems that nothing is there even though it's back up.
-joe-

Last edited:

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Yup, preordered a Yellow one on BB online. Mine says delivery 25th-26th. We'll see. Would be nice but kinda doubt it. As far as scratches on the glossy units, I've had a White 900 since they came out. No cover. Scratches just don't show up on these things. Oh and I was gonna hold out for the AT&T site myself but it seems that nothing is there even though it's back up.
-joe-

Nice, I like the yellow, but sticking with white. I have a white 900 also. Only had it a week or so but no case in the pocket with change and no scratches. Wanted to use it to see before I got the white 920

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon