Nokia Lumia 920 Preorder available at BestBuy.com

wp8nyc

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Is there any reason to wait for ATT to have preorders? Do you guys think best buy will get the phone to us as fast as att on the 2nd or the 4th etc? Never purchased a phone from BB before.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Is there any reason to wait for ATT to have preorders? Do you guys think best buy will get the phone to us as fast as att on the 2nd or the 4th etc? Never purchased a phone from BB before.

You should get the phone the same time assuming you don't order it way late and it gets more than a 2 week backorder.

The real advantage is that it's typically cheaper unactivated from the carrier themselves.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I have pre ordered with best buy 3 or 4 different times and only once did I get my device on release day.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that - ill be buying it as a upgrade so seems like going with BB is fine.

Yea It looks like the backorder still says 1-2 weeks which means you get get it on day 1.

I have pre ordered with best buy 3 or 4 different times and only once did I get my device on release day.

That probably has more to do with where you live.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Yea It looks like the backorder still says 1-2 weeks which means you get get it on day 1.

That probably has more to do with where you live.

That maybe it, but i haven't moved so won't try that again. I remember I was able to get the hd7 I think it was the day before launch at WalMart. May hit them up again. I am not super worried about stock running out.

Guitarpik

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know bb's return policy on phones? IM not sure IM going to like wp8 and although att shortened the return policy to just 14 days its better than possibly no return at all.

Thanks

giper54

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I bought one without a contract. The estimated delivery date is 10/23-10/24. I doubt it but I will post if it turns out to be correct.

I just doubled check and the phone is now back ordered one to two weeks. I knew I wouldn't get the phone this week or before November 4th. No way not before the October 29th windows 8 phone release with Windows.

Last edited:

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Okay so I broke down and pre ordered my white 920 from Best Buy too. So will see. Says shipping Oct 25th-30th but don't see that happening

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site

On another forum I frequent we've been talking about the 920 and someone mentioned that they did not get their phone release from BB when pre-ordered.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
On another forum I frequent we've been talking about the 920 and someone mentioned that they did not get their phone release from BB when pre-ordered.

Well if it's off a day or so, it's probably due to the shipping company. If you list out in the middle of nowhere, you might not get it on release day.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Well if it's off a day or so, it's probably due to the shipping company. If you list out in the middle of nowhere, you might not get it on release day.

In my case it was online order for delivery and the site kept backing up the release date. I went and pre ordered with them anyway since ATT seems to not have it just the Optimus G up for pre orders. If they get me this time again its shame on me lol.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb