Nokia Lumia 920 Preorder available at BestBuy.com

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I was able to pre-order yesterday morning right when it was announced, and my credit card WAS billed. Generally, they're only supposed to do that when it ships, so I'm expecting the charge to reverse tonight or tomorrow until it ships. Order status claims 1-2 weeks, which is precisely on time with the November launch estimate.

Frankly, I think the disappearing act is easily explained... it wasn't supposed to be public yet, and regardless of what the reason might be-- order testing, AT&T fussing, AT&T issues, whatever-- I just hope my order is fulfilled ASAP. I won't hesitate to cancel and go AT&T-direct... but I had no objection going through Best Buy either.

You weren't BILLED. It was pinged for verification of funds. The charge is gone, or will be shortly.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
The Galaxy Note II will be $300 on a 2 year contract with ATT so the price of the 920 is looking good at the moment (yeah I know they are different products but still)

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
The Galaxy Note II will be $300 on a 2 year contract with ATT so the price of the 920 is looking good at the moment (yeah I know they are different products but still)

And look, miracle of miracles, it has a release date! But the mighty 920, "coming soon"! :rolleyes: ;)

FuzzyHat

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
You weren't BILLED. It was pinged for verification of funds. The charge is gone, or will be shortly.

Mine has been billed and has not been removed. I just really want some type of explanation of what happened. I know we are probably going to get it next week (hopefully before the weekend).

I cannot wait for it! I'm tired of my iPhone 4.

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Mine has been billed and has not been removed. I just really want some type of explanation of what happened. I know we are probably going to get it next week (hopefully before the weekend).

I cannot wait for it! I'm tired of my iPhone 4.

Wednesday and the charge is still on my card as well.

maj71303

May 11, 2012
Visit site

Per Bestbuy online preorders charges will be authorized until ship. If time has passed and the authorization has been dropped they reauthorize the charge again until it ships and becomes permanent.

bauerbach

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
they do not receive any money for an authorization, and your account is not debited for it either (it is held and not shown in your avail balance, but you still receive interest)

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

Umm, here in the real world, any charge to an account that makes funds unavailable to a person is considered being billed. You can gussy it up with fancy terms like "verification of funds" but a charge is a charge. And taking several days to recredit that "verification" isn't cool when it's $150 or $650.

In any case, you completely missed the points I was making. A) I already said I expected the charge to disappear. B) I said I wasn't expecting but hoping it would ship early. C) I was explaining that the disappearing act was easily explained. D) I said I wasn't loyal to Best Buy, and if an alternate source presented itself, I'd cancel the BB order and take the route that gets the phone faster.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Umm, here in the real world, any charge to an account that makes funds unavailable to a person is considered being billed. You can gussy it up with fancy terms like "verification of funds" but a charge is a charge. And taking several days to recredit that "verification" isn't cool when it's $150 or $650.

In any case, you completely missed the points I was making. A) I already said I expected the charge to disappear. B) I said I wasn't expecting but hoping it would ship early. C) I was explaining that the disappearing act was easily explained. D) I said I wasn't loyal to Best Buy, and if an alternate source presented itself, I'd cancel the BB order and take the route that gets the phone faster.

Personally, I'll purchase from the place that has the phone the cheapest ;). At the moment, I've waited long enough for the 920, if I can get it $50 cheaper at Best Buy and have to wait a few days I'll do that...

Though, I am happy of all those people who are fretting about best buy right now in this pre-order process. The more that cancel their pre-orders the more likely I'd get my phone earlier :).

I still think those who pre-ordered will get their phones by next Friday, November 1st.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site

I have no idea why you are responding to me with all of these points I never made mention of.

iphonemilk

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Wednesday and the charge is still on my card as well.

Pre ordered the day this became available on BB"s website, my card was charged, when looking at this online too i think the whole charging process is complete. It's just sitting there at Backordered.

Personally i think they are HOLDING it on purpose.

unboxfetish

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I know this is all speculation, but why do people think BB "got in trouble" for opening preorders last Sunday? Rumors of pre-order dates had it for both the 21st and the 26th.

Also, the 900 had different prices between the different retailers at launch... I think it was available for $99 after rebate at some places, right?

It seems just as likely that it was a test to gauge consumer interest and get pricing information.

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I was in BB to purchase Windows 8 and stopped my the mobile area. They said I could pre-order the 920 and he brought it up but only 3 colors (b/c of the glare red was the only one I saw). He said the delivery date was TBA and couldn't guarantee I'd get the phone on release not I would get it as soon as the store did. He said it would be a $50 deposit that is refundable but only through a BB gift card.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb